Convert new protocol to http url

user-41
Hi

The scenario I'm referring to is as follows:

- We have a protocol url of some protocol that is not supported directly
by firefox (e.g. fsp://... or freenet://...)

- We have a http-server that implements the protocols above so that
"proxy" is running in a given url and the url body is to be added to
that url.  (e.g. we have freenet-protocol proxy running in
http://freenet-proxy.org:1234/proxy/ and therefore contents of
freenet:KSK@document document could be retrieved from
http://freenet-proxy.org:1234/proxy/KSK@document)

- So effectively we'd need a plugin or extension that would handle
requests of a given protocol and rewrite the url according to the
configuration and load the resulting url.

I'd like to see this functionality.

--Yello

Re: Convert new protocol to http url

user-41
[hidden email] wrote:
> - So effectively we'd need a plugin or extension that would handle
> requests of a given protocol and rewrite the url according to the
> configuration and load the resulting url.

I think late "protozilla" extension did just that.  There doesn't seem
to be a version available for any recent Mozilla/Firefox.