Conversion of Unicode Characters to Ascii

Conversion of Unicode Characters to Ascii

Kulkarni Jeet
The frame tree obtained from the Gecko Rendering Engine has the unicode characters converted to their respective Ascii code equivalents. However i have noticed that on particular websites certain unicode characters are converted to their Ascii equivalents in Hex and sometimes in octal which was giving some problems for the  application i am trying to build.
I tried investigating the LossyAppendUTF16toASCII class and its member functions as i suspected this is the class which does the conversion of unicode characters to their Ascii equivalents. But i could not find the code where this conversion actually take place.

Could anyone throw some light into this conversion process so that all the unicode characters are converted into their Ascii equivalents in Hex all the time on all the websites.

Thanks in Advance,
Jeet Kulkarni.

Re: Conversion of Unicode Characters to Ascii

Boris Zbarsky
Kulkarni Jeet wrote:
> The frame tree obtained from the Gecko Rendering Engine has the unicode
> characters converted to their respective Ascii code equivalents.

How are you determining this?  And what exactly do you mean by it?

-Boris