Contributors workflow in Pontoon and accepting suggestion with minor changes

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Contributors workflow in Pontoon and accepting suggestion with minor changes

Eduardo Trápani
Hi,

Is there a way in Pontoon to make a minor change to a suggestion and
accept it so that credit is given to the original contributor?

The situation is, somebody took the time to translate a long string, and
made a typo ... I'd love to correct it without taking the credit for the
translation.

 From the contributors perspective, what are the differences between the
manager:

* not acting on the translation, adding the corrected one
* accepting it with the typo and then modifying it
* rejecting it and adding the corrected translation

Or maybe there is a way to "send it back" with a comment on whatever the
issue is.

Eduardo.
_______________________________________________
dev-l10n mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-l10n
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Contributors workflow in Pontoon and accepting suggestion with minor changes

Matjaz Horvat-2
Hi Eduardo,

Crediting original authors is not currently possible. We're tracking it here:
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1357834

HTH,
Matjaž

On Tue, Oct 3, 2017 at 5:13 PM, Eduardo Trápani <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a way in Pontoon to make a minor change to a suggestion and accept
> it so that credit is given to the original contributor?
>
> The situation is, somebody took the time to translate a long string, and
> made a typo ... I'd love to correct it without taking the credit for the
> translation.
>
> From the contributors perspective, what are the differences between the
> manager:
>
> * not acting on the translation, adding the corrected one
> * accepting it with the typo and then modifying it
> * rejecting it and adding the corrected translation
>
> Or maybe there is a way to "send it back" with a comment on whatever the
> issue is.
>
> Eduardo.
> _______________________________________________
> dev-l10n mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-l10n
_______________________________________________
dev-l10n mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-l10n
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Contributors workflow in Pontoon and accepting suggestion with minor changes

Eduardo Trápani
> Crediting original authors is not currently possible. We're tracking it here:
> https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1357834

In the meantime, could you tell me about the other question?

>>  From the contributors perspective, what are the differences between the
>> manager:
>>
>> * not acting on the translation, adding the corrected one
>> * accepting it with the typo and then modifying it
>> * rejecting it and adding the corrected translation

So that I can take the most contributor-friendly action ...
_______________________________________________
dev-l10n mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-l10n
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Contributors workflow in Pontoon and accepting suggestion with minor changes

Michal Stanke-2
There will be no difference I guess. Maybe in the first case the original
suggestion will not be rejected in the database and show later once Pontoon
changes the statuses to see unreviewed suggestion. As for the credits in
the Pontoon history or the repo, it will end uo the same.

--
Michal Stanke

Dne 3. 10. 2017 17:50 napsal uživatel "Eduardo Trápani" <[hidden email]
>:

> Crediting original authors is not currently possible. We're tracking it
>> here:
>> https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1357834
>>
>
> In the meantime, could you tell me about the other question?
>
>  From the contributors perspective, what are the differences between the
>>> manager:
>>>
>>> * not acting on the translation, adding the corrected one
>>> * accepting it with the typo and then modifying it
>>> * rejecting it and adding the corrected translation
>>>
>>
> So that I can take the most contributor-friendly action ...
> _______________________________________________
> dev-l10n mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-l10n
>
_______________________________________________
dev-l10n mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-l10n
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Contributors workflow in Pontoon and accepting suggestion with minor changes

Matjaz Horvat-2
Right - in all three cases the suggestion gets rejected and the new
translation is added, with you as the author.

-Matjaž

On Tue, Oct 3, 2017 at 5:58 PM, Michal Stanke <[hidden email]> wrote:

> There will be no difference I guess. Maybe in the first case the original
> suggestion will not be rejected in the database and show later once Pontoon
> changes the statuses to see unreviewed suggestion. As for the credits in
> the Pontoon history or the repo, it will end uo the same.
>
> --
> Michal Stanke
>
> Dne 3. 10. 2017 17:50 napsal uživatel "Eduardo Trápani" <[hidden email]
>>:
>
>> Crediting original authors is not currently possible. We're tracking it
>>> here:
>>> https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1357834
>>>
>>
>> In the meantime, could you tell me about the other question?
>>
>>  From the contributors perspective, what are the differences between the
>>>> manager:
>>>>
>>>> * not acting on the translation, adding the corrected one
>>>> * accepting it with the typo and then modifying it
>>>> * rejecting it and adding the corrected translation
>>>>
>>>
>> So that I can take the most contributor-friendly action ...
>> _______________________________________________
>> dev-l10n mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-l10n
>>
> _______________________________________________
> dev-l10n mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-l10n
_______________________________________________
dev-l10n mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-l10n