Confusing SpiderMonkey tarball names

Nicolas B. Pierron
Hi,

I got the information from the last person who updated SpiderMonkey package
in NixOS, that the tarball name might be confusing, as it differs from the
project name.  Maybe, we should make aliases for oldest version (never
remove a released tarball), or rename it to "spidermonkey" for future versions.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/SpiderMonkey/24

--
Nicolas B. Pierron

Re: Confusing SpiderMonkey tarball names

Jason Orendorff-2
On 2/3/14 6:54 AM, Nicolas B. Pierron wrote:
> I got the information from the last person who updated SpiderMonkey
> package in NixOS, that the tarball name might be confusing, as it
> differs from the project name.  Maybe, we should make aliases for
> oldest version (never remove a released tarball), or rename it to
> "spidermonkey" for future versions.
>
> https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/SpiderMonkey/24

Changing the name would be confusing too.

I can't imagine that this is actually much of a problem. mozjs means
SpiderMonkey. Let's leave it as it is.

-j