Confused MSF files

Ray Davison
I ran OS/2 slightly before Win.  I ran Netscape under OS/2.  I think
about the time Mozilla came out is when I started using the same profile
and mail files for OS/2 and Win.

Lately, I have been having to delete MSF (index?) files because email
messages have been getting confused; like the body not matching the
header, and scrolling from message-to-message not responding.

It seems to only happen when going from Win to OS/2 - RC7 in this case.
  Could something be diverging between Win and OS/2 SM.  I haven't tried
TB lately.

Ray

Re: Confused MSF files

Dave Yeo-3
Ray Davison wrote:

> I ran OS/2 slightly before Win.  I ran Netscape under OS/2.  I think
> about the time Mozilla came out is when I started using the same profile
> and mail files for OS/2 and Win.
>
> Lately, I have been having to delete MSF (index?) files because email
> messages have been getting confused; like the body not matching the
> header, and scrolling from message-to-message not responding.
>
> It seems to only happen when going from Win to OS/2 - RC7 in this case.
>   Could something be diverging between Win and OS/2 SM.  I haven't tried
> TB lately.

What version of SeaMonkey on Windows? As a test you might want to run
the same version (2.7.x would be close enough) on both and see if the
problem clears up.
Dave

Re: Confused MSF files

Ray Davison
Dave Yeo wrote:

> What version of SeaMonkey on Windows?

This last time was OS/2-2.7.2 and Win-2.10.0.

> As a test you might want to run the same version (2.7.x would be
> close enough) on both and see if the problem clears up.

I'll keep the versions aligned for a while an see.

Where does seamonkey-2.7.2.en-US.os2.10.5esr fit in to this?  Does it
match a Win version?

Ray

Re: Confused MSF files

Steve Wendt
On 6/14/2012 9:57 AM, Ray Davison wrote:

> Where does seamonkey-2.7.2.en-US.os2.10.5esr fit in to this?  Does it
> match a Win version?

Not directly, but it should be pretty close to 2.7.2.  It just has some
security fixes from the ESR branch.

Re: Confused MSF files

Ray Davison
Ray Davison wrote:

> I'll keep the versions aligned for a while an see.

It happened when I went from Win 2.10 back to 2.7.2.

Ray