Conflict between display:table-row and bind type=boolean ?

Conflict between display:table-row and bind type=boolean ?

asrick
I must be doing something wrong, but I cannot see what it is.  I have
attempted to simplify my scenario down to a basic test case, shown below.  I
have two input controls showing two nodes from a simple instance.  One of
the nodes is intended to be boolean, the other is text.  I want to show the
input controls on separate lines.

As soon as I have the style display:table-row and at the same time bind the
node type as boolean, the boolean input control (checkbox) jumps to the top.
I can either have both the inputs showing as text (not a checkbox) on
separate lines (in the correct order), or I can have them side-by-side with
the boolean as a checkbox.  If I unbind the type, or alternatively remove
the display:table-row, then the order of the input controls is correct.

Can anyone tell me if I've missed something or is this a bug?

xmlns:xf="http://www.w3.org/2002/xforms"
xmlns:ev="http://www.w3.org/2001/xml-events"

<head>

<title>Test</title>

<xf:model>

<xf:instance>

<data xmlns="">

<column-1>false</column-1>

<column-2>This is a piece of text</column-2>

</data>

</xf:instance>

<xf:bind nodeset="column-1" type="xs:boolean" />

</xf:model>

@namespace xf url("http://www.w3.org/2002/xforms");

xf|input {

display: table-row;

}

</head>

<xf:input ref="column-2" class="columnField">

<xf:label>Text</xf:label>

</xf:input>

<xf:input ref="column-1" class="columnField">

<xf:label>Boolean</xf:label>

</xf:input>

Re: Conflict between display:table-row and bind type=boolean ?

Aaron Reed
I've seen this before, but I'm not sure that we've got a bug open on it.
  Probably an XBL issue.  Can you open a bug on us with this testcase
and we'll try to get it assigned to the right place?

There is also an issue here with us not being able to style a label with
inline content correctly because we don't give xf:label a .xf-value and
we should.  Could you open a bug on us for that, too?

Thanks,
--Aaron

[hidden email] wrote:

> I must be doing something wrong, but I cannot see what it is.  I have
> attempted to simplify my scenario down to a basic test case, shown below.  I
> have two input controls showing two nodes from a simple instance.  One of
> the nodes is intended to be boolean, the other is text.  I want to show the
> input controls on separate lines.
>
> As soon as I have the style display:table-row and at the same time bind the
> node type as boolean, the boolean input control (checkbox) jumps to the top.
> I can either have both the inputs showing as text (not a checkbox) on
> separate lines (in the correct order), or I can have them side-by-side with
> the boolean as a checkbox.  If I unbind the type, or alternatively remove
> the display:table-row, then the order of the input controls is correct.
>
> Can anyone tell me if I've missed something or is this a bug?

> xmlns:xf="http://www.w3.org/2002/xforms"
> xmlns:ev="http://www.w3.org/2001/xml-events"
> xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
>
> <head>
>
> <title>Test</title>
>
> <xf:model>
>
> <xf:instance>
>
> <data xmlns="">
>
> <column-1>false</column-1>
>
> <column-2>This is a piece of text</column-2>
>
> </data>
>
> </xf:instance>
>
> <xf:bind nodeset="column-1" type="xs:boolean" />
>
> </xf:model>

> @namespace xf url("http://www.w3.org/2002/xforms");
>
> xf|input {
>
> display: table-row;
>
> }

> </head>

> <xf:input ref="column-2" class="columnField">
>
> <xf:label>Text</xf:label>
>
> </xf:input>
>
> <xf:input ref="column-1" class="columnField">
>
> <xf:label>Boolean</xf:label>
>
> </xf:input>

Re: Conflict between display:table-row and bind type=boolean ?

ankostis
Hi Aaron,

i also think that there is a bug somewhere there, but i cannot see
what should be its title for bugzilla:

"Check boxes render differently than text-fields when display:
table:cell"?

Regards,
  Kostis

On 10    , 20:11, Aaron Reed <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've seen this before, but I'm not sure that we've got a bug open on it.
>   Probably an XBL issue.  Can you open a bug on us with this testcase
> and we'll try to get it assigned to the right place?
>
> There is also an issue here with us not being able to style a label with
> inline content correctly because we don't give xf:label a .xf-value and
> we should.  Could you open a bug on us for that, too?
>
> Thanks,
> --Aaron
>
> [hidden email] wrote:
> > I must be doing something wrong, but I cannot see what it is.  I have
> > attempted to simplify my scenario down to a basic test case, shown below.  I
> > have two input controls showing two nodes from a simple instance.  One of
> > the nodes is intended to be boolean, the other is text.  I want to show the
> > input controls on separate lines.
>
> > As soon as I have the style display:table-row and at the same time bind the
> > node type as boolean, the boolean input control (checkbox) jumps to the top.
> > I can either have both the inputs showing as text (not acheckbox) on
> > separate lines (in the correct order), or I can have them side-by-side with
> > the boolean as acheckbox.  If I unbind the type, or alternatively remove
> > the display:table-row, then the order of the input controls is correct.
>
> > Can anyone tell me if I've missed something or is this a bug?

> > xmlns:xf="http://www.w3.org/2002/xforms"
> > xmlns:ev="http://www.w3.org/2001/xml-events"
> > xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
>
> > <head>
>
> > <title>Test</title>
>
> > <xf:model>
>
> > <xf:instance>
>
> > <data xmlns="">
>
> > <column-1>false</column-1>
>
> > <column-2>This is a piece of text</column-2>
>
> > </data>
>
> > </xf:instance>
>
> > <xf:bind nodeset="column-1" type="xs:boolean" />
>
> > </xf:model>

> > @namespace xf url("http://www.w3.org/2002/xforms");
>
> > xf|input {
>
> > display: table-row;
>
> > }

> > </head>

> > <xf:input ref="column-2" class="columnField">
>
> > <xf:label>Text</xf:label>
>
> > </xf:input>
>
> > <xf:input ref="column-1" class="columnField">
>
> > <xf:label>Boolean</xf:label>
>
> > </xf:input>

Re: Conflict between display:table-row and bind type=boolean ?

Aaron Reed
Hi Kostis,

Title is good, but should be table:row, not table:cell, right?

Thanks,
--Aaron