Compile firefox JavaScript code

Filipe Falcão
I have noticed that a lot of JavaScript files in firefox source code has some particularities like comments using '#' and the presence of preprocessor directives (#ifdefs).
I think that this JS code will be somehow to compiled to standard JS code.
Am I right? If yes, how can I compile that code?

Re: Compile firefox JavaScript code

Daniel Holbert-3
Firstly: this question would be better-addressed to the "firefox-dev" list:
  https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/firefox-dev
This list here (dev.tech.layout) is for discussion of the internals of
Firefox's layout engine. (not about Firefox frontend/JS code)

But, I'll give a brief answer -- yes, many Firefox JS & CSS & HTML files
are run through a preprocessor, *during the Firefox build process*.  You
can "compile" that code (have it preprocessed) by compiling Firefox --
for help with that, see:
 https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Simple_Firefox_build

If you have further questions on these preprocessor directives in
Firefox JS files, please direct them to the firefox-dev list (linked
above), rather than to dev.tech.layout. Thanks!

~Daniel

On 11/23/2015 09:24 PM, Filipe Falcão wrote:
> I have noticed that a lot of JavaScript files in firefox source code has some particularities like comments using '#' and the presence of preprocessor directives (#ifdefs).
> I think that this JS code will be somehow to compiled to standard JS code.
> Am I right? If yes, how can I compile that code?

Re: Compile firefox JavaScript code

shoy12345we
Am Dienstag, 24. November 2015 06:24:23 UTC+1 schrieb Filipe Falcão:
> I have noticed that a lot of JavaScript files in firefox source code has some particularities like comments using '#' and the presence of preprocessor directives (#ifdefs).
> I think that this JS code will be somehow to compiled to standard JS code.
> Am I right? If yes, how can I compile that code?

Re: Compile firefox JavaScript code

shoy12345we
Am Dienstag, 24. November 2015 06:24:23 UTC+1 schrieb Filipe Falcão:
> I have noticed that a lot of JavaScript files in firefox source code has some particularities like comments using '#' and the presence of preprocessor directives (#ifdefs).
> I think that this JS code will be somehow to compiled to standard JS code.
> Am I right? If yes, how can I compile that code?

Re: Compile firefox JavaScript code

Sohel Ahmed
On Monday, November 23, 2015 at 9:24:23 PM UTC-8, Filipe Falcão wrote:
> I have noticed that a lot of JavaScript files in firefox source code has some particularities like comments using '#' and the presence of preprocessor directives (#ifdefs).
> I think that this JS code will be somehow to compiled to standard JS code.
> Am I right? If yes, how can I compile that code?

please help me for web development.

Re: Compile firefox JavaScript code

Иван Соловьев
I don't know you. If you want you can hire a web developer. It costs 15$
per hour.
__

Best Regards, Ivan