Compilation error in Xulrunner code

neel5481
Hi All,

We have downloaded the code of mozilla xulrunner 1.9 and compiling the source code.

As we are getting the below error.

nsSVGStylableElement.cpp
nsSVGRect.cpp
nsSVGRectElement.cpp
nsSVGSVGElement.cpp
nsSVGStopElement.cpp
nsSVGStyleElement.cpp
nsSVGSwitchElement.cpp
nsSVGSymbolElement.cpp
nsSVGTSpanElement.cpp
nsSVGTextContentElement.cpp
nsSVGTextElement.cpp
nsSVGTextPathElement.cpp
nsSVGTitleElement.cpp
nsSVGTransform.cpp
nsSVGTransformList.cpp
nsSVGTransformListParser.cpp
nsSVGUseElement.cpp
nsSVGValue.cpp
nsSVGViewBox.cpp
make[3]: *** [libs_tier_gecko] Error 2
make[2]: *** [tier_gecko] Error 2
make[1]: *** [default] Error 2
make: *** [build] Error 2

Can anyone tell me where is the error ? Because we are not able to figure out where is the error ?

Thanks in Advance.

Re: Compilation error in Xulrunner code

Neil-4
[hidden email] wrote:

>We have downloaded the code of mozilla xulrunner 1.9 and compiling the source code.
>
>As we are getting the below error.
>
>nsSVGStylableElement.cpp
>[...]
>nsSVGViewBox.cpp
>make[3]: *** [libs_tier_gecko] Error 2
>make[2]: *** [tier_gecko] Error 2
>make[1]: *** [default] Error 2
>make: *** [build] Error 2
>

>Can anyone tell me where is the error ? Because we are not able to figure out where is the error ?

If you are using the -j option then you may find that the error is
somewhat earlier in the build log. Restart the build without -j and it
will stop at the first error.

A possible source of errors is compiling the code with an unsupported
compiler, such as a newer version of gcc than was available at the time.

--
Warning: May contain traces of nuts.

Re: Compilation error in Xulrunner code

neel5481
Hi Neil,

Thank you very much for your reply.
It requires some library dependency and some options in .mozconf file we have to modify for the requirement.

Now xulrunner 1.9 source code compiling fine in ubuntu without any error.
but one more question. Below is my configuration file.

mk_add_options MOZ_CO_PROJECT=xulrunner
mk_add_options MOZ_OBJDIR=@TOPSRCDIR@/obj-xul-lin-dbg
mk_add_options MOZ_MAKE_FLAGS="-s -j4"

ac_add_options --disable-tests
ac_add_options --enable-logging
ac_add_options --enable-debug
ac_add_options --disable-optimize
ac_add_options --disable-crashreporter
ac_add_options --disable-installer
ac_add_options --enable-application=xulrunner
ac_add_options --enable-jemalloc
ac_add_options --disable-gstreamer
ac_add_options --with-java-bin-path=/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/bin
#ac_add_options --disable-ogg
#ac_add_options --disable-wave
ac_add_options --disable-javaxpcom

After successful build we have executed "install" command to install the binary.

Where it will install ? what is the location for the binary and library files which we install ?

Thanks in Advance

[hidden email] wrote:

>After successful build we have executed "install" command to install the binary.
>
>Where it will install ? what is the location for the binary and library files which we install ?

installdir = $(libdir)/$(MOZ_APP_NAME)-$(MOZ_APP_VERSION)
I believe libdir is generated automatically by autoconf.

--
Warning: May contain traces of nuts.

Re: Compilation error in Xulrunner code

neel5481

Thanks Neil.

I have compiled the code for xulrunner 1.9 successfully.

Now I have started compiling the latest xulrunner 25.0

I have given the same argument but it is giving error in libogg.a file not found though i have given option --disable-ogg and --disable-wave.

mk_add_options MOZ_CO_PROJECT=xulrunner
mk_add_options MOZ_OBJDIR=@TOPSRCDIR@/obj-xul-lin-dbg
mk_add_options MOZ_MAKE_FLAGS="-s -j4"

ac_add_options --disable-tests
ac_add_options --enable-logging
ac_add_options --enable-debug
ac_add_options --disable-optimize
ac_add_options --disable-crashreporter
ac_add_options --disable-installer
ac_add_options --disable-tests
ac_add_options --enable-application=xulrunner
ac_add_options --enable-jemalloc
ac_add_options --disable-gstreamer
#ac_add_options --disable-javaxpcom
ac_add_options --with-java-bin-path=/usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk-i386/bin
ac_add_options --disable-ogg
ac_add_options --disable-wave

Can you please give me some idea so that i can check and compile the code.

Thanks in Advance

On Thursday, December 5, 2013 11:17:53 PM UTC-8, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> We have downloaded the code of mozilla xulrunner 1.9 and compiling the source code.
>

> As we are getting the below error.
>

> nsSVGStylableElement.cpp
>
> nsSVGRect.cpp
>
> nsSVGRectElement.cpp
>
> nsSVGSVGElement.cpp
>
> nsSVGStopElement.cpp
>
> nsSVGStyleElement.cpp
>
> nsSVGSwitchElement.cpp
>
> nsSVGSymbolElement.cpp
>
> nsSVGTSpanElement.cpp
>
> nsSVGTextContentElement.cpp
>
> nsSVGTextElement.cpp
>
> nsSVGTextPathElement.cpp
>
> nsSVGTitleElement.cpp
>
> nsSVGTransform.cpp
>
> nsSVGTransformList.cpp
>
> nsSVGTransformListParser.cpp
>
> nsSVGUseElement.cpp
>
> nsSVGValue.cpp
>
> nsSVGViewBox.cpp
>
> make[3]: *** [libs_tier_gecko] Error 2
>
> make[2]: *** [tier_gecko] Error 2
>
> make[1]: *** [default] Error 2
>
> make: *** [build] Error 2
>

> Can anyone tell me where is the error ? Because we are not able to figure out where is the error ?
>

> Thanks in Advance.

Re: Compilation error in Xulrunner code

neel5481
Sorry forgot to add error.

make[6]: Entering directory `/home/mozilla-release/obj-xul-lin-dbg/layout/media'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/mozilla-release/config/expandlibs_gen.py", line 43, in <module>
    print >>outfile, generate(args)
  File "/home/mozilla-release/config/expandlibs_gen.py", line 27, in generate
    raise Exception("File not found: %s" % arg)
Exception: File not found: ../../media/libogg/src/libogg.a
make[6]: *** [libgkmedias.a.desc] Error 1
make[6]: *** Deleting file `libgkmedias.a.desc'
make[6]: Leaving directory `/home/mozilla-release/obj-xul-lin-dbg/layout/media'
make[5]: *** [libs] Error 2
make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/mozilla-release/obj-xul-lin-dbg/layout'
make[4]: *** [libs_tier_platform] Error 2
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/mozilla-release/obj-xul-lin-dbg'
make[3]: *** [tier_platform] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/mozilla-release/obj-xul-lin-dbg'
make[2]: *** [default] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/mozilla-release/obj-xul-lin-dbg'
make[1]: *** [realbuild] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/mozilla-release'
make: *** [build] Error 2

[hidden email] wrote:

>I have started compiling the latest xulrunner 25.0
>
>I have given the same argument but it is giving error in libogg.a file not found though i have given option --disable-ogg and --disable-wave.

Unfortunately "non-standard" options such as --disable-ogg have a
tendency to break from time to time, although I thought that those
particular options had been fixed once and for all in Firefox 22.

Try asking in the dev-builds group, as they are more familiar with the
configure options.

--
Warning: May contain traces of nuts.

Re: Compilation error in Xulrunner code

neel5481
Thank you so much Neil for your support.