Command line switches

rayparrish
Hello,

I've just had to re-install my sytem and lost my menu entry which
started Netscape Messenger. I can't remember the command line switch to
force Netscape to start in Messenger mode. Can anyone out there help me
out?

I've searched Netscape help and this newsgroup for help but have found
none yet.

Thank you.

Ray

Re: Command line switches

gwtc
Ray Parrish wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've just had to re-install my sytem and lost my menu entry which
> started Netscape Messenger. I can't remember the command line switch to
> force Netscape to start in Messenger mode. Can anyone out there help me
> out?
>
> I've searched Netscape help and this newsgroup for help but have found
> none yet.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Ray

already answered here:
news://news.mozilla.org:119/dnr6la$[hidden email]

Re: Command line switches

Ralph Fox
On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 22:53:48 -0800, in message
 <[hidden email]>, Ray Parrish wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've just had to re-install my sytem and lost my menu entry which
> started Netscape Messenger. I can't remember the command line switch to
> force Netscape

I assume (from your headers) that you are asking about version 4.xx.

> to start in Messenger mode. Can anyone out there help me
> out?
>
> I've searched Netscape help

Unfortunately the relevant Netscape web page has been off-line for
about a year and a half.  See below for archives of this page.

> and this newsgroup

You would have better luck searching the group alt.netscape.

The *.mozilla.* groups like this one cover the Mozilla
(http://www.mozilla.com and http://www.mozilla.org) products,
all of which post-date Netscape 4.xx.

> for help but have found
> none yet.

Look at http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://developer.netscape.com/docs/manuals/deploymt/options.htm
for archives of the relevant Netscape web page.

> Thank you.

HTH HAND

--
Cheers,
Ralph

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!!

Re: Command line switches

Lewis Rosenthal
On 12/14/2005 11:53 pm, Ray Parrish thus wrote :

> Hello,
>
> I've just had to re-install my sytem and lost my menu entry which
> started Netscape Messenger. I can't remember the command line switch to
> force Netscape to start in Messenger mode. Can anyone out there help me
> out?
>
> I've searched Netscape help and this newsgroup for help but have found
> none yet.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Ray

Hi, Ray. Simple answer to a simple question:

The command line switch is -mail or -messenger

HTH

--
Lewis
Lewis G Rosenthal, CNA, CLP, CLE