Color Coding

Re: Color Coding

Wolf K.
On 2018-08-23 11:43, PietB wrote:

> Wolf K wrote:
>> PietB wrote:

>>> Case of "onward we trod to the past". The checkbox texts should
>>> be dancing gif's to complete the 90's look.
>>
>> Please note: "trod" is the past tense of "tread".
>
> Please note that "trod" is also the past participle of "tread".
> In this case it stands for "mission accomplished". Of course
> there's always room for retrograde "improvement".
>
> -p

:-)

--
Wolf K
kirkwood40.blogspot.com

Re: Color Coding

Daniel-2
Wolf K wrote on 23/08/2018 11:05 PM:

> On 2018-08-22 21:52, Mark Rousell wrote:
>> On 23/08/2018 00:15, Mark Rousell wrote:
>>> I used it to mean "fixed or made better". I.e. What Rolf K suggested
>>
>> When I wrote "Rolf K" above I of course meant to write "Wolf K". Sorry
>> about that!
>>

> Well, since Rolf is short for Rudolf, which means "famous wolf", I can't
> say I'm offended. :-)
>
> Best,

... but Rudolf was a (famous) Reindeer, wasn't he?? ;-P

--
Daniel

SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171016030418

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171015235623

Re: Color Coding

RAV-2
On 8/24/2018 1:09 AM, Daniel wrote:

> Wolf K wrote on 23/08/2018 11:05 PM:
>>>
>>> When I wrote "Rolf K" above I of course meant to write "Wolf K". Sorry
>>> about that!
>>>

>> Well, since Rolf is short for Rudolf, which means "famous wolf", I
>> can't say I'm offended. :-)
>>
>> Best,
>>
> ... but Rudolf was a (famous) Reindeer, wasn't he?? ;-P

That was Rudolph, and yes, he was "The most famous reindeer of all."

Re: Color Coding

😉 Good Guy 😉

this one seems to be Colour-Neutral:

https://i.imgur.com/9WtyXvG.png <https://i.imgur.com/9WtyXvG.png>

--
With over 950 million devices now running Windows 10, customer

Re: Color Coding

Mark Rousell-3
On 25/08/2018 23:16, 😉 Good Guy 😉 wrote:

> this one seems to be Colour-Neutral:
>
> https://i.imgur.com/9WtyXvG.png <https://i.imgur.com/9WtyXvG.png>

Apart from the blue on purple labels, I rather like that one.

Colour coding the navigation buttons (and using the colour coding
consistently throughout the program) does have user-familiarity value,
especially, from what I've seen, in custom LOB apps.

--
Mark Rousell

Re: Color Coding

Mark Rousell-3
On 26/08/2018 04:35, 😉 Good Guy 😉 wrote:

> OK changed it.  Now I'll work on the Menus and MDI so that all the
> functions like Add, Delete, Search etc are in the Menu and the
> appropriate Form opens when the user selects something.
>
> Yes the colours and buttons will all be the same on every form that
> opens including the Menu items.  I am developing a Tax & Accounting
> Software for a client.  The deadline is end September and we also need
> to get approval from our Tax authorities to distribute the software.
> Approval takes about 13 weeks!!!
>
> https://i.imgur.com/IX6TcCb.png <https://i.imgur.com/IX6TcCb.png>

I could certainly sit and happily use that colour scheme all day long.

Good grief about getting governmental approval to distribute. Which
country is that? Not the UK, surely.

--
Mark Rousell

Re: Color Coding

RAV-2
On 8/25/2018 11:35 PM, 😉 Good Guy 😉 wrote:

> OK changed it.  Now I'll work on the Menus and MDI so that all the
> functions like Add, Delete, Search etc are in the Menu and the
> appropriate Form opens when the user selects something.
>
> Yes the colours and buttons will all be the same on every form that
> opens including the Menu items.  I am developing a Tax & Accounting
> Software for a client.  The deadline is end September and we also need
> to get approval from our Tax authorities to distribute the software.
> Approval takes about 13 weeks!!!
>
> https://i.imgur.com/IX6TcCb.png <https://i.imgur.com/IX6TcCb.png>
>
> On 26/08/2018 03:41, Mark Rousell wrote:
>> On 25/08/2018 23:16, 😉 Good Guy 😉 wrote:
>>> this one seems to be Colour-Neutral:
>>>
>>> https://i.imgur.com/9WtyXvG.png  <https://i.imgur.com/9WtyXvG.png>
>> Apart from the blue on purple labels, I rather like that one.
>>
>> Colour coding the navigation buttons (and using the colour coding
>> consistently throughout the program) does have user-familiarity value,
>> especially, from what I've seen, in custom LOB apps.
>>

> --
> With over 950 million devices now running Windows 10, customer
> satisfaction is higher than any previous version of windows.

Just curious why the edit box heights are so much taller than the text.
Assuming they're not multi-line edit boxes, if it were me I'd reduce the
height, or at least vertically center the text within the boxes.  The
way it is makes it look like each box is meant for multiple lines of
text.  Just my opinion.

Re: Color Coding

😉 Good Guy 😉
On 26/08/2018 13:13, Mark Rousell wrote:
> On 26/08/2018 04:35, 😉 Good Guy 😉 wrote:
>>

>> Good grief about getting governmental approval to distribute. Which
>> country is that? Not the UK, surely.

It is the UK.  Tax is something that requires approval because we get
software specification from our HMRC (Even the tax form we use/create is
also required to be approved before it is embedded in the software).
Also, the data we send by Internet needs to be in a specific format so
that their software can handle it.  These days there is no such thing as
using the Post Office;  Everything is online -.

When we create any tax planning schemes, that too is also required to be
registered with them.  We can't just sell any scheme we like because
they need to know what are we doing to mitigate tax liabilities.  I
believe the US have got the same rules.

On 26/08/2018 13:28, Rav wrote:

> Just curious why the edit box heights are so much taller than the
> text. Assuming they're not multi-line edit boxes, if it were me I'd
> reduce the height, or at least vertically center the text within the
> boxes.  The way it is makes it look like each box is meant for
> multiple lines of text.  Just my opinion.

The boxes are multilines. The form is a prototype for something major in
a tax software where the tax payer can write nots to cover
himself/herself.  It is all about full disclosure in tax data and it is
up to the tax authorities to ask any questions they have.   If they miss
something then tough luck because the tax payer has provided them with
all the relevant info and so the ball is in their court.

These text boxes don't have the properties for text-align: centre but
you can do so using code but I for this prototype I haven't done it.

😉 Good Guy 😉 wrote on 27/08/2018 5:21 AM:

> On 26/08/2018 13:13, Mark Rousell wrote:
>> On 26/08/2018 04:35, 😉 Good Guy 😉 wrote:
>>>

>>> Good grief about getting governmental approval to distribute. Which
>>> country is that? Not the UK, surely.
>>>

> It is the UK.  Tax is something that requires approval because we get
> software specification from our HMRC (Even the tax form we use/create is
> also required to be approved before it is embedded in the software).
> Also, the data we send by Internet needs to be in a specific format so
> that their software can handle it.  These days there is no such thing as
> using the Post Office;  Everything is online -.
>
> When we create any tax planning schemes, that too is also required to be
> registered with them.  We can't just sell any scheme we like because
> they need to know what are we doing to mitigate tax liabilities.  I
> believe the US have got the same rules.

Is it just me?? When I looked at Good Guys post, above, it looked like
he was talking to himself!! (i.e. the "Good grief ...." comment being
double-indented, so seemingly from Good Guy's previous post.

So I checked Mark's post and it certainly had the "Good grief ...."
comment!!

Is this a new problem with TB?? Or with HTML posting?? Or .... ??

On 27/08/2018 10:29, Daniel wrote:
> Is this a new problem with TB?? Or with HTML posting?? Or .... ??

Just a minor quoting error I suspect.

--
Mark Rousell

Re: Color Coding

Daniel-2
Mark Rousell wrote on 1/09/2018 6:49 AM:
> On 27/08/2018 10:29, Daniel wrote:
>> Is this a new problem with TB?? Or with HTML posting?? Or .... ??
>
> Just a minor quoting error I suspect.

Just checking!!