Code Coverage in Firefox DevTools

Michal Stanke-2
Hi.

I have come to this string
<https://transvision.mozfr.org/?sourcelocale=en-US&locale=cs&repo=central&search_type=entities&recherche=devtools/client/debugger.properties:sourceFooter.codeCoverage&entire_string=entire_string>
saying "Code Coverage" and I am not sure, how to translate it. What does
it actually mean - does Firefox has some built in test tool and display
JS test coverage, or is it for developers to see, how DevTools are
tested, or is it some completely different kind of coverage? I haven't
found any explanation in the bug adding it, and the comment does not
help either "LOCALIZATION NOTE (sourceFooter.codeCoverage): Text
associated with a code coverage button".
--
Michal Stanke

Re: Code Coverage in Firefox DevTools

Sebastian Hengst-2
Hi,

it lets you record what code has been run. See the animation at
https://github.com/devtools-html/debugger.html/pull/1410

Bye
Sebastian

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: Code Coverage in Firefox DevTools
Von: Michal Stanke <[hidden email]>
Datum: 2017-09-10 09:37

> Hi.
>
> I have come to this string
> <https://transvision.mozfr.org/?sourcelocale=en-US&locale=cs&repo=central&search_type=entities&recherche=devtools/client/debugger.properties:sourceFooter.codeCoverage&entire_string=entire_string>
> saying "Code Coverage" and I am not sure, how to translate it. What does
> it actually mean - does Firefox has some built in test tool and display
> JS test coverage, or is it for developers to see, how DevTools are
> tested, or is it some completely different kind of coverage? I haven't
> found any explanation in the bug adding it, and the comment does not
> help either "LOCALIZATION NOTE (sourceFooter.codeCoverage): Text
> associated with a code coverage button".

Re: Code Coverage in Firefox DevTools

Michal Stanke-2
Thank you Sebastian.

Michal