Clicking Scroll Wheel No Longer Brings Up New Tab

Clicking Scroll Wheel No Longer Brings Up New Tab

Sam-19
Is there any way to tell if the mouse is defective?   It used to work
to bring up a new tabbed window, before I moved the computer.   The
proper box in Mozilla properties is checked.  Thanks.

Re: Clicking Scroll Wheel No Longer Brings Up New Tab

Robert Blair-2
Sam wrote:

> Is there any way to tell if the mouse is defective?   It used to work
> to bring up a new tabbed window, before I moved the computer.   The
> proper box in Mozilla properties is checked.  Thanks.

If you are running Windows on a PC, go to [Start > Settings >
Control Panel].  On the Control Panel window, select Mouse.  On the
Mouse Properties window, select the Buttons tab.  On the Buttons
tab, make sure that Button #2 is "Middle Button".  It should not be
"Auto Scroll", "Universal Scroll", or any other setting.

--

David E. Ross
<URL:http://www.rossde.com/>

complies with Web standards.  See <URL:http://www.mozilla.org/>.

Re: Clicking Scroll Wheel No Longer Brings Up New Tab

Sam-19
On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 16:31:14 -0700, David Ross <[hidden email]>
wrote:

>Sam wrote:
>>
>> Is there any way to tell if the mouse is defective?   It used to work
>> to bring up a new tabbed window, before I moved the computer.   The
>> proper box in Mozilla properties is checked.  Thanks.
>
>If you are running Windows on a PC, go to [Start > Settings >
>Control Panel].  On the Control Panel window, select Mouse.  On the
>Mouse Properties window, select the Buttons tab.  On the Buttons
>tab, make sure that Button #2 is "Middle Button".  It should not be
>"Auto Scroll", "Universal Scroll", or any other setting.

Thanks, that got it working again.  I don't know how it could have
been changed to another setting without my knowledge.

Sam wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 16:31:14 -0700, David Ross <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> >Sam wrote:
> >>
> >> Is there any way to tell if the mouse is defective?   It used to work
> >> to bring up a new tabbed window, before I moved the computer.   The
> >> proper box in Mozilla properties is checked.  Thanks.
> >
> >If you are running Windows on a PC, go to [Start > Settings >
> >Control Panel].  On the Control Panel window, select Mouse.  On the
> >Mouse Properties window, select the Buttons tab.  On the Buttons
> >tab, make sure that Button #2 is "Middle Button".  It should not be
> >"Auto Scroll", "Universal Scroll", or any other setting.
>
> Thanks, that got it working again.  I don't know how it could have
> been changed to another setting without my knowledge.

For some reason, these things do happen.  It's happened to me once
this year.

Another strange thing:  I have set Wordpad as the editor for my
HTML files because I code the HTML by hand.  But every so often,
the setting gets changed to Mozilla's Composer.  Fortunately, I
have a registry edit file that restores my desired setting.