Click2Speak predictions support

yaniv
Hi,

My name is Yaniv and I'm the CPO of Click2Speak. We are developing an on-screen keyboard software which enables people with motor disabilities to communicate and to have full access to Windows-based PCs and Tablets.
Our website: https://www.click2speak.net/

Since Quantum update, our users can't use our integrated prediction engine on Firefox. It seems that FF input fields can't handle well our typing speed, so it cause skipping of some of the chars and the user gets incomplete words.

As I mentioned, the bug occurs only on Quantum versions. In prior versions and in other browsers everything works fine.

Hope you can find a fix for this problem and help our users around the globe keep working Mozilla Firefox.

Thank you and looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Best Regards,
Yaniv Aviran

Re: Click2Speak predictions support

sylvain
Le mardi 29 mai 2018 13:08:46 UTC+2, [hidden email] a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> My name is Yaniv and I'm the CPO of Click2Speak. We are developing an on-screen keyboard software which enables people with motor disabilities to communicate and to have full access to Windows-based PCs and Tablets.
> Our website: https://www.click2speak.net/
>
> Since Quantum update, our users can't use our integrated prediction engine on Firefox. It seems that FF input fields can't handle well our typing speed, so it cause skipping of some of the chars and the user gets incomplete words.
>
> As I mentioned, the bug occurs only on Quantum versions. In prior versions and in other browsers everything works fine.
>
> Hope you can find a fix for this problem and help our users around the globe keep working Mozilla Firefox.
>
> Thank you and looking forward to hearing from you soon.
> Best Regards,
> Yaniv Aviran
> [hidden email]

Hi Yaniv,

I also develop a product (swSSO, a single sign on tool --> https://github.com/swSSO/swsso/) using accessibility interfaces to fill forms and I do not have any problem with Quantum versions (including latest developer edition build 61.0b9).

How do you proceed to fill input fields? I use:
1) IAccessible->accSelect() to select input field
2) keybd_event() to type chars (it would be very nice if IAccessible->put_accValue() could be implemented one day!!)

Regards

Sylvain