CheckSetup.pl fails silently on PostgreSQL install

CheckSetup.pl fails silently on PostgreSQL install

sweatyb
Hi,

I am having a problem installing Bugzilla (2.22.2) with PostgreSQL 8.2 on a Windows 2003 server.

Everything is properly configured and testserver.pl clears perfectly. The database server is running, the user name and password are correct and I have verified this manually. Checksetup.pl returns without any errors, but it doesn't create the database in PostgreSQL.

When I run checksetup.pl it runs smoothly and I get the following output:

Checking user setup ...
Removing existing compiled templates ...
Precompiling templates...

and then it sits there and finally returns to the command prompt.

From what I can tell the last command that runs is in the db_new() function on line 780 in Bugzilla/DB.Pm.

The line itself is:

my $self = DBI->connect($dsn, $user, $pass, $attributes) or
die "\nCan't connect to the database.\nError: $DBI::errstr\n"
. " Is your database installed and up and running?\n Do you have"
. " the correct username and password selected in localconfig?\n\n";

I don't get the die message (or any other message). It calls this function, waits, and then exits the program without any output.

Anyone have any ideas on what I am doing wrong? or on what I might do to get this to work?

Thanks,
-tom

p.s. This problem also exhibits itself with Bugzilla 3.0RC1

Re: CheckSetup.pl fails silently on PostgreSQL install

sweatyb
I guess I should also note my perl libraries:

ActivePerl version 5.8.8
DBD::Pg  version 1.45
DBI version 1.52-r1

-tom