Changing the location of a custom field

Boron
This post was updated on .
We currently have a custom field so we can track was build the bugs were fixed in.  The developers would like this button to be next to the Status button.

I tried a variety of things and thought I got close, but I was probably way off.  Since I’m new to Bugzilla, I changed small portions of code to see what happens and found that if I used the code from …./bug/field.html.tmpl and used it in…/bug/knob.html.tmpl (by using [% PROCESS bug/field.html.tmpl %] at around line 90) that the Fixed in Build would show after I pressed the Commit button.

There are 3 things wrong with this.
1. I would only like to see 1 instance of Fixed in Build.  Currently it shows in 2 different locations
2. I would like to see Fixed in Build after the Status is changed to Resolved and not the Commit button is clicked.
3. In the way that I currently implemented it (which is obviously wrong), when I select a value from the lower Fixed in Build field, it populates correctly with the values, but it does not save the selected value after the Commit button is clicked.  If I choose the upper Fixed in Build field then everything works correctly.

Has anyone done something similar to this?

Re: Changing the location of a custom field

Boron
FWIW, I think I know what is happening, but unsure of exactly how to do it.

The value for the new location custom field is being correctly populated, but the value is being lost on the Commit.  This leads me to believe that I need to add some code in the commit section of .../bug/edit.html.tmpl that gets the update from bug/knob.html.tmpl.