Change keyword textbox to dropdown

x-2

Change keyword textbox to dropdown

x-2
Hi,

I am using bugzilla 2.18 RC 3 on Windows and hosted on IIS5. I want to
change the keyword field in the add bugs page to a dropdown as i am new to
cgi can anybody help me to do this.

Ranganathan P

Re: Change keyword textbox to dropdown

Gervase Markham
x wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using bugzilla 2.18 RC 3 on Windows and hosted on IIS5. I want to
> change the keyword field in the add bugs page to a dropdown as i am new to
> cgi can anybody help me to do this.

"Keyword" is a multiply-valued field. How would this work?

Gerv

Re: Change keyword textbox to dropdown

Zeevik Neuman
No option to use multi-selection drop down box ?
I know there are some applications, using multi-selection drop-down box.

Thanks,
Zeevik.
"Gervase Markham" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:d9c50v$[hidden email]...

>x wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am using bugzilla 2.18 RC 3 on Windows and hosted on IIS5. I want to
>> change the keyword field in the add bugs page to a dropdown as i am new
>> cgi can anybody help me to do this.
>
> "Keyword" is a multiply-valued field. How would this work?
>
> Gerv

Re: Change keyword textbox to dropdown

Igor Sereda
Hello Zeevik,

> No option to use multi-selection drop down box ?
> I know there are some applications, using multi-selection drop-down
> box.

Since Bugzilla is a web application, there's no standard way to make multi-selection
drop-down box. It should be possible if you use advanced DHTML, I guess.

But is it worth the trouble? Keywords are usually well-known, and, by the
way, if you click on "Keywords:" label on Bugzilla form, you will get a nice
page that describes all existing keywords.

You can also use Flags - they all are shown on the bug page.

Igor

--
Igor Sereda
http://deskzilla.com