Quantcast

Certificate is not trusted because no issuer chain was provided

Certificate is not trusted because no issuer chain was provided

Stanimir Stamenkov-3
Could someone explain this to me - using Firefox 7/SeaMonkey 2.4,
opening:

https://remote.bank.allianz.bg/

I get the security warning page:

| This Connection is Untrusted
| remote.bank.allianz.bg uses an invalid security certificate.
|
| The certificate is not trusted because no issuer chain was
| provided.
|
| (Error code: sec_error_unknown_issuer)

Opening the same in IE 9 appears to have no problem - observing the
security info I see the following certification path:

GlobalSign
`- GlobalSign Domain Validation CA - G2
    `- remote.bank.allianz.bg

Why is Mozilla not accepting it?

--
Stanimir

Re: Certificate is not trusted because no issuer chain was provided

Stanimir Stamenkov-3
Sun, 09 Oct 2011 01:18:37 +0300, /Stanimir Stamenkov/:

> Could someone explain this to me - using Firefox 7/SeaMonkey 2.4,
> opening:
>
> https://remote.bank.allianz.bg/
>
> I get the security warning page:
>
> | This Connection is Untrusted
> | remote.bank.allianz.bg uses an invalid security certificate.
> |
> | The certificate is not trusted because no issuer chain was
> | provided.
> |
> | (Error code: sec_error_unknown_issuer)
>
> Opening the same in IE 9 appears to have no problem - observing the
> security info I see the following certification path:
>
> GlobalSign
> `- GlobalSign Domain Validation CA - G2
> `- remote.bank.allianz.bg
>
> Why is Mozilla not accepting it?

Just to give some more info:  Trying further Opera 11.51 and Chrome
15 beta on Windows - appear to accept the secure connection.  Safari
5.1 on Windows states: "No certificates meet the application
criteria" and opening the page is blocked.  It seems there's some
incompatibility, but I would like to find out more about it before
contacting the bank institution.

--
Stanimir

Re: Certificate is not trusted because no issuer chain was provided

Stanimir Stamenkov-3
Sun, 09 Oct 2011 01:18:37 +0300, /Stanimir Stamenkov/:

> Could someone explain this to me - using Firefox 7/SeaMonkey 2.4,
> opening:
>
> https://remote.bank.allianz.bg/
>
> I get the security warning page:
>
> | This Connection is Untrusted
> | remote.bank.allianz.bg uses an invalid security certificate.
> |
> | The certificate is not trusted because no issuer chain was
> | provided.
> |
> | (Error code: sec_error_unknown_issuer)

Must have been a temporary glitch - today it's opening just fine.

--
Stanimir

Re: Certificate is not trusted because no issuer chain was provided

Daniel Veditz-2
A common server configuration error is to not include the chain of
intermediates. Sometimes Firefox can figure it out if the listed
intermediate has already been used by another site that session--
"working" does not always mean "fixed". In this case, however, the
site does appear to serve a working chain today which argues for
"fixed" (they're now serving an extra intermediate but that won't
affect your ability to connect).

http://www.digicert.com/help/index.htm?host=remote.bank.allianz.bg

-Dan Veditz