Cast your vote for Win8

F1Com
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/btl/would-you-buy-windows-8-poll/71427?tag=nl.e539

Terry

Re: Cast your vote for Win8

Prescience500 (Bugzilla)
On 03/13/2012 11:42 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
> http://www.zdnet.com/blog/btl/would-you-buy-windows-8-poll/71427?tag=nl.e539
>

> Terry

Thanks for the heads up. I made sure to vote no in the poll ;)

Re: Cast your vote for Win8

Sailfish-2
My bloviated meandering follows what [hidden email] graced us
with on 3/13/2012 9:42 AM:
> http://www.zdnet.com/blog/btl/would-you-buy-windows-8-poll/71427?tag=nl.e539

Just did ... for all the good it'll do :(

--
Sailfish - Netscape Champion
Rare Mozilla Stuff: https://www.projectit.com/

Re: Cast your vote for Win8

Ron Hunter
On 3/13/2012 11:42 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
> http://www.zdnet.com/blog/btl/would-you-buy-windows-8-poll/71427?tag=nl.e539
>

> Terry
I already responded to that one.  I suggested they add a 'Hell NO' to
the voting boxes.  58% said no last I looked.

Re: Cast your vote for Win8

Sailfish-2
3/13/2012 12:44 PM:
>> http://www.zdnet.com/blog/btl/would-you-buy-windows-8-poll/71427?tag=nl.e539
>>
> I already responded to that one.  I suggested they add a 'Hell NO' to
> the voting boxes.  58% said no last I looked.

More telling is the percentages of the comments. They are running what
seems like 90+% NO. I think this is a fairer gauge than a simple
"drive-by" mouse click since it is a truer emotional reaction. This,
even considering that zdnet has historically been a pro-Microsoft site.

--
Sailfish - Netscape Champion
Rare Mozilla Stuff: https://www.projectit.com/

Re: Cast your vote for Win8

David H. Lipman-2
From: "Ron Hunter" <[hidden email]>

>> http://www.zdnet.com/blog/btl/would-you-buy-windows-8-poll/71427?tag=nl.e539
>>
>> Terry
> I already responded to that one.  I suggested they add a 'Hell NO' to the
> voting boxes.  58% said no last I looked.

It has been 58% for too long.

I think its fixed as it does NOT show how many account for Yes, No and the
total who voted.

--
Dave
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

Re: Cast your vote for Win8

PhillipJones
Michael B. wrote:
>> http://www.zdnet.com/blog/btl/would-you-buy-windows-8-poll/71427?tag=nl.e539
>>

>> Terry
>
> Thanks for the heads up. I made sure to vote no in the poll ;)
Shame they didn't have one for Lion and Mountain Lion  for Mac I would
have voted  Hellllll no!"

--
Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T.        "If it's Fixed, Don't Break it"
http://www.phillipmjones.net        mailto:[hidden email]

Re: Cast your vote for Win8

PhillipJones
David H. Lipman wrote:

> From: "Ron Hunter" <[hidden email]>

>>> http://www.zdnet.com/blog/btl/would-you-buy-windows-8-poll/71427?tag=nl.e539
>>>

>>> Terry
>> I already responded to that one. I suggested they add a 'Hell NO' to
>> the voting boxes. 58% said no last I looked.
>
> It has been 58% for too long.
>
> I think its fixed as it does NOT show how many account for Yes, No and
> the total who voted.

Actaully it depends on the number they use for 100% if it based on a
Million people would take a long time to go from 58 to 59.

From: "David H. Lipman" <[hidden email]>

>> I already responded to that one.  I suggested they add a 'Hell NO' to the
>> voting boxes.  58% said no last I looked.
>
> It has been 58% for too long.
>
> I think its fixed as it does NOT show how many account for Yes, No and the
> total who voted.

ZiffDavis Scam - still NO change, same 58%.

From: "PhillipJones" <[hidden email]>

> David H. Lipman wrote:
>> From: "Ron Hunter" <[hidden email]>

>>> I already responded to that one. I suggested they add a 'Hell NO' to
>>> the voting boxes. 58% said no last I looked.
>>
>> It has been 58% for too long.
>>
>> I think its fixed as it does NOT show how many account for Yes, No and
>> the total who voted.
>>
> Actaully it depends on the number they use for 100% if it based on a
> Million people would take a long time to go from 58 to 59.

Sure.  But after many hours one can consider it to be a "long time".  Posted
at 4:51am PDT that means 7:51 my time.  Lets say 8am.  Ron posted 58% at
3:45pm.  let's say 4pm.  That's an 8 hr difference.  Its now 10pm and still
no change.  That's another 6 hours difference.  I would say that in that
time frame we should see the numbers change.  Thus with no data change and
w/o them providing;  Num=Yes, num=No and the total number of respondant
pollers the results are more than suspect.

On 3/13/2012 8:55 PM, PhillipJones wrote:

> Michael B. wrote:
>>> http://www.zdnet.com/blog/btl/would-you-buy-windows-8-poll/71427?tag=nl.e539
>>>

>>> Terry
>>
>> Thanks for the heads up. I made sure to vote no in the poll ;)
> Shame they didn't have one for Lion and Mountain Lion for Mac I would
> have voted Hellllll no!"

At least those don't change the whole OS paradigm.

Re: Cast your vote for Win8

PhillipJones
PhillipJones wrote:

> Michael B. wrote:
>>> http://www.zdnet.com/blog/btl/would-you-buy-windows-8-poll/71427?tag=nl.e539
>>>

>>> Terry
>>
>> Thanks for the heads up. I made sure to vote no in the poll ;)
> Shame they didn't have one for Lion and Mountain Lion for Mac I would
> have voted Hellllll no!"

Today its 44/56

Ron Hunter wrote:

> On 3/13/2012 8:55 PM, PhillipJones wrote:
>> Michael B. wrote:

>>> Thanks for the heads up. I made sure to vote no in the poll ;)
>> Shame they didn't have one for Lion and Mountain Lion for Mac I would
>> have voted Hellllll no!"
>>
> At least those don't change the whole OS paradigm.

How not. If you have a iPad. It’s a carbon copy to an iPad lion even
more so.

If I want an iPad I get an iPad. If I want a Computer I should have a
Computer, never the twain shall they meet.

If people are two dumb to use a Computer they way they are. They don't
need to use a Computer.

Manufacturers Are trying to have computers so even a 2 year old baby can
use them

--
Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T.        "If it's Fixed, Don't Break it"
http://www.phillipmjones.net        mailto:[hidden email]

Re: Cast your vote for Win8

Sailfish-2
My bloviated meandering follows what PhillipJones graced us with on
3/14/2012 10:40 AM:

> PhillipJones wrote:
>> Michael B. wrote:
>>>>
>>> Thanks for the heads up. I made sure to vote no in the poll ;)
>> Shame they didn't have one for Lion and Mountain Lion for Mac I would
>> have voted Hellllll no!"
>>
> Today its 44/56

Yes but I've noticed that all the newer comments are still predominantly
"No"s. And the comments from the ones voting "Yes" tend to the arrogant
"You can't accept change" or "You must not have it set up correctly". :)

Sailfish wrote:

> My bloviated meandering follows what PhillipJones graced us with on
> 3/14/2012 10:40 AM:
>> PhillipJones wrote:

>>> Shame they didn't have one for Lion and Mountain Lion for Mac I would
>>> have voted Hellllll no!"
>>>
>> Today its 44/56
>>
> Yes but I've noticed that all the newer comments are still predominantly
> "No"s. And the comments from the ones voting "Yes" tend to the arrogant
> "You can't accept change" or "You must not have it set up correctly". :)

I can take change if its good change and what the users want. I frequent
several different forums  even some Microsoft Office forums and I can
tell you some of the MVP's That are major industry players are sticking
with X.6.8 and don't plan to update.  In Adobe forums Major players are
also sticking with X.6.8. Lion in the apple  sphere of influence is like
that version of Windows that came between XP and windows 7.

On 3/14/2012 12:44 PM, PhillipJones wrote:

> Ron Hunter wrote:

>>> Shame they didn't have one for Lion and Mountain Lion for Mac I would
>>> have voted Hellllll no!"
>>>
>> At least those don't change the whole OS paradigm.
>>

> How not. If you have a iPad. It’s a carbon copy to an iPad lion even
> more so.
>
> If I want an iPad I get an iPad. If I want a Computer I should have a
> Computer, never the twain shall they meet.
>
> If people are two dumb to use a Computer they way they are. They don't
> need to use a Computer.
>
> Manufacturers Are trying to have computers so even a 2 year old baby can
> use them

Well, believe it or not, I have seen children that young using both
computers, and iPads.  At least iPad doesn't have a bunch of garishly
colored tabs with things going on in them.  My only contact with iPads
was while teaching, and it is gratifying that even the badly physically,
or mentally, handicapped are able to use them.  Some children have a
real problem with keyboards, and mice.

Re: Cast your vote for Win8

Ron Hunter
On 3/14/2012 12:53 PM, Sailfish wrote:

> My bloviated meandering follows what PhillipJones graced us with on
> 3/14/2012 10:40 AM:
>> PhillipJones wrote:

>>> Shame they didn't have one for Lion and Mountain Lion for Mac I would
>>> have voted Hellllll no!"
>>>
>> Today its 44/56
>>
> Yes but I've noticed that all the newer comments are still predominantly
> "No"s. And the comments from the ones voting "Yes" tend to the arrogant
> "You can't accept change" or "You must not have it set up correctly". :)

I have no objection to change.  Change is life, but when the change is
tantamount to going from liberty to slavery, then change just isn't
desirable.  My wife likes her wallpaper to change every 10 minutes.  I
change mine about once a month, to what *I* want to see.  Not all change
is bad, and not all change is good.  My problem with Metro is the
appearance, and the fact that they are throwing 20 years of desktop
metaphor right in the trash heap, along with the work habits that go
with it.  STUPID, and wasteful.  NOT a good change, and WAY too abrupt.
Many, if not most, people resist change as a habit (look at how many
people still use Firefox 3.6.x and TB 3.1.x).  MS is making a major
mistake here.

Re: Cast your vote for Win8

rebro
Am 14.03.2012 19:09, schrieb Ron Hunter:

> On 3/14/2012 12:53 PM, Sailfish wrote:
>> My bloviated meandering follows what PhillipJones graced us with on

>>> Today its 44/56
>>>
>> Yes but I've noticed that all the newer comments are still predominantly
>> "No"s. And the comments from the ones voting "Yes" tend to the arrogant
>> "You can't accept change" or "You must not have it set up correctly". :)
>>
> I have no objection to change. Change is life, but when the change is
> tantamount to going from liberty to slavery, then change just isn't
> desirable. My wife likes her wallpaper to change every 10 minutes. I
> change mine about once a month, to what *I* want to see. Not all change
> is bad, and not all change is good. My problem with Metro is the
> appearance, and the fact that they are throwing 20 years of desktop
> metaphor right in the trash heap, along with the work habits that go
> with it. STUPID, and wasteful. NOT a good change, and WAY too abrupt.
> Many, if not most, people resist change as a habit (look at how many
> people still use Firefox 3.6.x and TB 3.1.x). MS is making a major
> mistake here.

I like your allusion to a master-slave relationship imagining the
"customers" perform in some minstrel show on the shiny stage of the
METRO GUI cabaret while they are unwelcome or even supposed to be
off-limits beyond the stage properties.
-rebro

Re: Cast your vote for Win8

Rick-156
On 3/13/2012 11:42 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
> http://www.zdnet.com/blog/btl/would-you-buy-windows-8-poll/71427?tag=nl.e539
>

> Terry
I would not touch or come anywhere close to Win8--Win7 is bad enough.
IMO microsoft has lost it way when it comes to Operating systems.

Re: Cast your vote for Win8

F1Com
On 3/15/2012 7:08 PM On a whim, Rick pounded out on the keyboard

>> http://www.zdnet.com/blog/btl/would-you-buy-windows-8-poll/71427?tag=nl.e539
>>

>> Terry
> I would not touch or come anywhere close to Win8--Win7 is bad enough.
> IMO microsoft has lost it way when it comes to Operating systems.

Win7 is a very good OS.  Bad enough compared to what?

Terry