Case insensitive search

Markus Moeller
Hi,

I have a server with an rfc2307bis schema and would like to search for users
being member of a group, but the uid  might be accidentally put in upper or
lower case or a combination.  An ldapsearch of uid is case insensitive, but
when I look for memberuid it is case sensitive. How can I created an
ldapsearch which is case insensitive ? I tried:

# filter: (&(memberuid:caseIgnoreMatch:=user)(cn=groupa))
# requesting: ALL
#
# search result

search: 2
result: 12 Critical extension is unavailable
text: Bad search filter

but it fails.

What can I do ?

Thank you
Markus

Rob

Re: Case insensitive search

Rob
Markus Moeller <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a server with an rfc2307bis schema and would like to search for users
> being member of a group, but the uid  might be accidentally put in upper or
> lower case or a combination.  An ldapsearch of uid is case insensitive, but
> when I look for memberuid it is case sensitive. How can I created an
> ldapsearch which is case insensitive ? I tried:
>
> # filter: (&(memberuid:caseIgnoreMatch:=user)(cn=groupa))
> # requesting: ALL
> #
> # search result
>
> search: 2
> result: 12 Critical extension is unavailable
> text: Bad search filter
>
> but it fails.
>
> What can I do ?

Fix it on the server.  It is a bug in rfc2307bis vs todays Windows world.
(where names are case-insensitive)

Just edit the schema to do a caseIgnoreMatch on that field...