Cannot use remote calendar without entering login data in the location field

Cannot use remote calendar without entering login data in the location field

Gerhard Schaffer-2
When I do not enter username and password to the calendar location, then
I am asked to enter these data.
But after enterihng the login data I get an error message (500 oops
child died) an some more errors after it.

How can I solve the problem ?
My sunbird version is 0.3a1 on SuSe Linux 9.2

Re: Cannot use remote calendar without entering login data in the location field

Rod Whiteley
Gerhard Schaffer wrote:
> ...I get an error message (500 ...

500 means "Internal server error".  Report the problem to the server
admins, support contact or helpdesk.

--
Rod Whiteley

Rod Whiteley wrote:
> Gerhard Schaffer wrote:
>> ...I get an error message (500 ...
>
> 500 means "Internal server error".  Report the problem to the server
> admins, support contact or helpdesk.

Here is log of my FTP
Fri Dec  9 13:02:36 2005 [pid 31515] CONNECT: Client "192.168.0.34"
Fri Dec  9 13:02:38 2005 [pid 31514] [gerhard] OK LOGIN: Client
"192.168.0.34"
Fri Dec  9 13:02:40 2005 [pid 31516] [gerhard] OK DOWNLOAD: Client
"192.168.0.34", "/home/gerhard/calendar/gerhard.ics", 18779 bytes,
659.32Kbyte/sec
Fri Dec  9 13:04:06 2005 [pid 31560] CONNECT: Client "192.168.0.34"
Fri Dec  9 13:04:06 2005 [pid 31559] [ftp] OK LOGIN: Client
"192.168.0.34", anon password "[hidden email]"
The fist part shows the the access with user name and password entered
in the calöendar location.
The second part shows the access after entering the data (of course the
same data) in the corresponding dialog.
IMHO it seems that the dialog-entered data are not correctly sent to my
FTP ?

Gerhard Schaffer wrote:
> Here is log of my FTP...

Ah, FTP.  You did not mention that before.  For FTP you must specify the
user name in the URL.  If you do not specify any user name, then it uses
"anonymous".

FTP error 500 is "Syntax error, command unrecognized".  Do you get any
more information about the error in the log?

--
Rod Whiteley

Rod Whiteley wrote:

> Gerhard Schaffer wrote:
>> Here is log of my FTP...
>
> Ah, FTP.  You did not mention that before.  For FTP you must specify the
> user name in the URL.  If you do not specify any user name, then it uses
> "anonymous".
>
> FTP error 500 is "Syntax error, command unrecognized".  Do you get any
> more information about the error in the log?

I did it and IT WOKS - great :-)
But why is there a field for entering a user name which is not used in
the FTP-case ?

Thx a lot
Gerhard

Gerhard Schaffer wrote:
> ...why is there a field for entering a user name which is not used in
> the FTP-case ?

In this early verion the user interface has not been designed very
thoroughly yet.

--
Rod Whiteley