Cannot start sunbird on SuSE 9.2

Gerhard Schaffer-2
HI,
I've downloaded 0.3a1 and extracted all the files to /opt/MozillaSunbird
When I try to start it from tzere (./sunbird) I only get some messages

Starting calendar alarm service
error creating table cal_calendars -- probably already exists
error creating table cal_calendars_prefs -- probably already exists
observer added

but there is no application window shown.
What's wrong with this ?

Re: Cannot start sunbird on SuSE 9.2

Gerhard Schaffer-2
Gerhard Schaffer wrote:

> HI,
> I've downloaded 0.3a1 and extracted all the files to /opt/MozillaSunbird
> When I try to start it from tzere (./sunbird) I only get some messages
>
> Starting calendar alarm service
> error creating table cal_calendars -- probably already exists
> error creating table cal_calendars_prefs -- probably already exists
> observer added
>
> but there is no application window shown.
> What's wrong with this ?

Hi again,

I reextracted all the files and no it works :-)

Re: Cannot start sunbird on SuSE 9.2

Jan Birk
> I've downloaded 0.3a1 and extracted all the files to /opt/MozillaSunbird
> When I try to start it from tzere (./sunbird) I only get some messages
>
> Starting calendar alarm service
> error creating table cal_calendars -- probably already exists
> error creating table cal_calendars_prefs -- probably already exists
> observer added

I had the same problem on my Fedora. Then I ran sunbird one time (first
time) as root, and now it is working for all users.

/Jan