Cannot see just imported calendar

Gerhard Schaffer
Hi,
I used Calendar 0.2 for a whil and now I've installed 0.3 (german) too.
First I tried to impiort one of my v0.2 calendars,but it does not work.
After entering all the data (connection via ftp to the v0.2 data) there is
nocalendar shown in the calendar list.
The same happens whenever I try to create a local calendar.

How can I solve the problem ?
Is it possible to work alternating with both v0.2 and v0.3 ?

lg,
Gerhard

Re: Cannot see just imported calendar

Rod Whiteley
Gerhard Schaffer wrote:
> ...I tried to impiort one of my v0.2 calendars,but it does not work...

Is there any error message?

You can normally use Sunbird 0.3a1 to open a Sunbird 0.2 file directly.
  Choose File - New Calendar File... In the wizard, choose Remote and
WebDAV.  Specify the file URL of the Sunbird 0.2 .ics file.

(By the way, New Calendar File... does not create a new file, the
calendar is not remote, and it does not use WebDAV, but hey, this is an
alpha release ;) )

Sunbird 0.2 sometimes writes data that 0.3a1 cannot read.  You normally
get an error message that tells you more about the problem.  For
example, see:  http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=338880

--
Rod Whiteley

Re: Cannot see just imported calendar

James-42
Gerhard Schaffer wrote:

> Hi,
> I used Calendar 0.2 for a whil and now I've installed 0.3 (german) too.
> First I tried to impiort one of my v0.2 calendars,but it does not work.
> After entering all the data (connection via ftp to the v0.2 data) there is
> nocalendar shown in the calendar list.
> The same happens whenever I try to create a local calendar.
>
> How can I solve the problem ?
> Is it possible to work alternating with both v0.2 and v0.3 ?
>
> lg,
> Gerhard

I have the same problem.

Gerhard Schaffer wrote:
> After strating sunbird 0.3 I see a lot of similar errors in the Java Script
> console
>
> Fehler: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004002
> (NS_NOINTERFACE) [nsIWebDAVService.report]"  nsresult: "0x80004002
> (NS_NOINTERFACE)"  location: "JS frame ::
> file:///C:/Programme/Mozilla/sunbird03de/components/calDavCalendar.js ::
> anonymous :: line 646"  data: no]

When I see "calDavCalendar.js", it makes me think that you chose the
wrong option.  You do not have a CalDAV calendar.

I suggest you delete the calendar and try again, using the choices that
I specified in my previous reply.

--
Rod Whiteley

Re: Cannot see just imported calendar

Gerhard Schaffer
Hi again

Now I tried it in just the way you explained in your first answer

I get the following error
Fehler: Already have calendar with URI ...
Quelldatei: chrome://calendar/content/calendarCreation.js
Zeile: 87
It seems that there is already an existing calendar connected / registered

But this calendar is not shown in the calendar list and there are no entries
of it shown either.

When I try to create a new local calendar, there is now error shown.
But there is still no calendar in the list

:-(

Thx
Gerhard

news:[hidden email]...

Gerhard Schaffer wrote:
> I get the following error
> Fehler: Already have calendar with URI ...
> But this calendar is not shown in the calendar list and there are no entries
> of it shown either.

If that happened to me, I would delete my profile (losing all my data)
and let Sunbird create a new profile.

Another solution might be to fix the database using a SQLite database tool.

Or perhaps it will work if you just move the file or rename it.
(Knowing that there is bad data in there would make me feel bad.)

--
Rod Whiteley

Re: Cannot see just imported calendar

Gerhard Schaffer
Hi Rod,

"Rod Whiteley" <[hidden email]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:dkv96m$[hidden email]...
> If that happened to me, I would delete my profile (losing all my data) and
> let Sunbird create a new profile.

I did it and now I can see new calendars in the calendar list
Even all tasks defined in it are shown in the corresponding list.
But the events and tasks do not appear in the calendar view to the right.

Events and tasks created for another (local) calendar are shown as expected.

I checked my initial ics file but are there no special characters in it (as
mentioned in the forum article)

thx
Gerhard