Cannot import test cases from .csv into testopia

Re: Cannot import test cases from .csv into testopia

mayukhkolkata2010
On Wednesday, 8 August 2012 12:54:06 UTC+5:30, ghendricks  wrote:

> [...]
> > > blogs - I found no helpful information regarding this and therefore
> > > started a new thread with my issue in particular.
> > >
> > > I need some help on this asap, as its blocking my usage of testopia
> > > interminently.
> > >
> > > Some of the questions I have working with bugzilla 3.6 on Windows -
> > > firefox browser.
> > >
> > > 1.Do we need to have some privileges set by the admin apart from user
> > > permissions to import cases.
> > > Note that I do have admin's privileges.
> > >
> > > 2.I m attaching the sample csv files that I used to import them into
> > > testopia.  Please find them and let me know if you see any
> > > inconsistency in it with the template.
> > >
> > > 3.Also , when I upload these files - and click on submit - there is no
> > > clear error, infact no error message to let us know what is wrong with
> > > the import.  how can I access log files that caused the import to

We have installed the Text::CSV perl module in our bugzilla server but still we are facing the same issue. If I upload a file and click on Submit, nothing happens. Do I need to run the "checksetup.pl" once again? Please Let me know as we are totally blocked for uploading test cases in Testopia.

Thanks
Mayukh

Re: Cannot import test cases from .csv into testopia

thangarajr
On Thursday, April 7, 2011 at 11:32:45 AM UTC-4, Sri wrote:

> On Apr 6, 12:09 am, Sri <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hello Greg,
> >
> > I have been evaluating testopia in my company, and in the first few
> > days of trying it out - appears conducive to our testing needs.
> > However I noticed a few issues, but importantly - the import test
> > cases  feature failure.
> >
> > Currently we have all our test plans in google docs. However, when
> > import test cases in invoked, I was not able to upload the
> > formatted .csv file into testopia. I have been trying this for almost
> > 4 hours today with no success. After going through a few forums and
> > blogs - I found no helpful information regarding this and therefore
> > started a new thread with my issue in particular.
> >
> > I need some help on this asap, as its blocking my usage of testopia
> > interminently.
> >
> > Some of the questions I have working with bugzilla 3.6 on Windows -
> > firefox browser.
> >
> > 1.Do we need to have some privileges set by the admin apart from user
> > permissions to import cases.
> > Note that I do have admin's privileges.
> >
> > 2.I m attaching the sample csv files that I used to import them into
> > testopia.  Please find them and let me know if you see any
> > inconsistency in it with the template.
> >
> > 3.Also , when I upload these files - and click on submit - there is no
> > clear error, infact no error message to let us know what is wrong with
> > the import.  how can I access log files that caused the import to
> > fail.
> >
> > Waiting for a quick reply on this
> >
> > Thanks
> > Regards
> > Radhika
>
> I figured out after spending some hrs of importing - that the root
> cause of import failure is missing perl modules in tr_importer.cgi.
> Once I added that to the script - I was able to see the debugging
> msgs.
>
> If all the mandatory fields are in place - import shouldn't have any
> issue.
>
> FYI, below are the columns that must be present in your .csv file.
> Note that you do not need the column header when importing.
> Product plans summary author_id default_tester_id case_status_id
> priority_id category_id components requirement estimated_time
> isautomated script arguments alias tags bugs dependson blocks runs
> setup breakdown action effect
>
> out of which
> Product plans summary author_id case_status_id priority_id category_id
> are mandatory fields
>
> Thanks
> Best
> Radhika

Hi Radhika,

Can you share me how you fix this with tr_importer.cgi ?

I'm trying to fix this for more a week.
Please, Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,
Thangaraj R