Quantcast

Cannot import test cases from .csv into testopia

Cannot import test cases from .csv into testopia

Sri-29
Hello Greg,

I have been evaluating testopia in my company, and in the first few
days of trying it out - appears conducive to our testing needs.
However I noticed a few issues, but importantly - the import test
cases  feature failure.

Currently we have all our test plans in google docs. However, when
import test cases in invoked, I was not able to upload the
formatted .csv file into testopia. I have been trying this for almost
4 hours today with no success. After going through a few forums and
blogs - I found no helpful information regarding this and therefore
started a new thread with my issue in particular.

I need some help on this asap, as its blocking my usage of testopia
interminently.

Some of the questions I have working with bugzilla 3.6 on Windows -
firefox browser.

1.Do we need to have some privileges set by the admin apart from user
permissions to import cases.
Note that I do have admin's privileges.

2.I m attaching the sample csv files that I used to import them into
testopia.  Please find them and let me know if you see any
inconsistency in it with the template.

3.Also , when I upload these files - and click on submit - there is no
clear error, infact no error message to let us know what is wrong with
the import.  how can I access log files that caused the import to
fail.

Waiting for a quick reply on this

Thanks
Regards
Radhika

Re: Cannot import test cases from .csv into testopia

Sri-29
On Apr 6, 12:09 am, Sri <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Greg,
>
> I have been evaluating testopia in my company, and in the first few
> days of trying it out - appears conducive to our testing needs.
> However I noticed a few issues, but importantly - the import test
> cases  feature failure.
>
> Currently we have all our test plans in google docs. However, when
> import test cases in invoked, I was not able to upload the
> formatted .csv file into testopia. I have been trying this for almost
> 4 hours today with no success. After going through a few forums and
> blogs - I found no helpful information regarding this and therefore
> started a new thread with my issue in particular.
>
> I need some help on this asap, as its blocking my usage of testopia
> interminently.
>
> Some of the questions I have working with bugzilla 3.6 on Windows -
> firefox browser.
>
> 1.Do we need to have some privileges set by the admin apart from user
> permissions to import cases.
> Note that I do have admin's privileges.
>
> 2.I m attaching the sample csv files that I used to import them into
> testopia.  Please find them and let me know if you see any
> inconsistency in it with the template.
>
> 3.Also , when I upload these files - and click on submit - there is no
> clear error, infact no error message to let us know what is wrong with
> the import.  how can I access log files that caused the import to
> fail.
>
> Waiting for a quick reply on this
>
> Thanks
> Regards
> Radhika

I figured out after spending some hrs of importing - that the root
cause of import failure is missing perl modules in tr_importer.cgi.
Once I added that to the script - I was able to see the debugging
msgs.

If all the mandatory fields are in place - import shouldn't have any
issue.

FYI, below are the columns that must be present in your .csv file.
Note that you do not need the column header when importing.
Product plans summary author_id default_tester_id case_status_id
priority_id category_id components requirement estimated_time
isautomated script arguments alias tags bugs dependson blocks runs
setup breakdown action effect

out of which
Product plans summary author_id case_status_id priority_id category_id
are mandatory fields

Thanks
Best
Radhika

Re: Cannot import test cases from .csv into testopia

Chibing Lenderman
Radhika,

I'm evaluating Testopia too. Your response about Mandatory fiddles are very helpful. I have*.csv file exported from QC. I couldn't find the attachment you mentioned, could you tell me where I can find a working *.csv sample file for Testopia import tool "tr_importer.cgi"

Thanks

Re: Cannot import test cases from .csv into testopia

Sri-29
Sorry abt replying this late.
Do you still need the template or you figured it out.
Let me know

Re: Cannot import test cases from .csv into testopia

sdandu
Hi Radhika,

can you be more specific about the changes you made to tr_importer.cgi?

Thanks

Re: Cannot import test cases from .csv into testopia

Elijah Hibbert
On Jan 11, 11:00 am, Sri <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Sorry abt replying this late.
> Do you still need the template or you figured it out.
> Let me know

I am currently evaluating Testopia as well and I would like to see a
sample template of the CSV to import test cases.

I used the sample CSV that was generated, and altered it to the
testcase I wanted to import but I got an error back "The test case you
entered does not exist."

The whole point is that I am trying to create the testcase.  All our
cases are in Word docs, and once I establish that the CSV import
works, then I will write a script to help us with the conversion to
CSV.

Thanks

Re: Cannot import test cases from .csv into testopia

Gregary Hendricks-2
Are you sure that it didn't say the test PLAN does not exist? The plan
column is actually optional, if I recall correctly. IF you are importing it
from within an existing plan. Make sure that your product and component
names match EXACTLY as you see them in Bugzilla. Also, be sure if you are
using the example csv file to delete the notes and comments.

++Greg

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 11:29 AM, Elijah Hibbert
<[hidden email]>wrote:

> On Jan 11, 11:00 am, Sri <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Sorry abt replying this late.
> > Do you still need the template or you figured it out.
> > Let me know
>
> I am currently evaluating Testopia as well and I would like to see a
> sample template of the CSV to import test cases.
>
> I used the sample CSV that was generated, and altered it to the
> testcase I wanted to import but I got an error back "The test case you
> entered does not exist."
>
> The whole point is that I am trying to create the testcase.  All our
> cases are in Word docs, and once I establish that the CSV import
> works, then I will write a script to help us with the conversion to
> CSV.
>
> Thanks

Re: Cannot import test cases from .csv into testopia

jayshri.patil2007
On Friday, February 24, 2012 11:29:45 AM UTC+5:30, ghendricks wrote:

> Are you sure that it didn't say the test PLAN does not exist? The plan
>
> column is actually optional, if I recall correctly. IF you are importing it
>
> from within an existing plan. Make sure that your product and component
>
> names match EXACTLY as you see them in Bugzilla. Also, be sure if you are
>
> using the example csv file to delete the notes and comments.
>

> ++Greg
>

> On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 11:29 AM, Elijah Hibbert
>
> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>

> > On Jan 11, 11:00 am, Sri <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > > Sorry abt replying this late.
>
> > > Do you still need the template or you figured it out.
>
> > > Let me know
>

> > I am currently evaluating Testopia as well and I would like to see a
>
> > sample template of the CSV to import test cases.
>

> > I used the sample CSV that was generated, and altered it to the
>
> > testcase I wanted to import but I got an error back "The test case you
>
> > entered does not exist."
>

> > The whole point is that I am trying to create the testcase.  All our
>
> > cases are in Word docs, and once I establish that the CSV import
>
> > works, then I will write a script to help us with the conversion to
>
> > CSV.
>

> > Thanks

Hi!
I Also have the Import issue
While i import test cases in Testopia using CSV file nothing happen
Even it's not giving any error message so please help me to solved it.

On Wednesday, April 6, 2011 10:39:00 AM UTC+5:30, Sri wrote:

> [...]

> Some of the questions I have working with bugzilla 3.6 on Windows -
> firefox browser.
>
> 1.Do we need to have some privileges set by the admin apart from user
> permissions to import cases.
> Note that I do have admin's privileges.
>
> 2.I m attaching the sample csv files that I used to import them into
> testopia.  Please find them and let me know if you see any
> inconsistency in it with the template.
>
> 3.Also , when I upload these files - and click on submit - there is no
> clear error, infact no error message to let us know what is wrong with
> the import.  how can I access log files that caused the import to
> fail.
>

> Waiting for a quick reply on this
>
> Thanks
> Regards
> Radhika

Re: Cannot import test cases from .csv into testopia

Make sure you have the Text::CSV module installed.
Also, check the apache logs for errors.

++Greg

On Wednesday, August 8, 2012 12:54:06 PM UTC+5:30, ghendricks wrote:

> [...]

> > > blogs - I found no helpful information regarding this and therefore
>
> > > started a new thread with my issue in particular.
>

> > > I need some help on this asap, as its blocking my usage of testopia
>
> > > interminently.
>

> > > Some of the questions I have working with bugzilla 3.6 on Windows -
>
> > > firefox browser.
>

> > > 1.Do we need to have some privileges set by the admin apart from user
>
> > > permissions to import cases.
>
> > > Note that I do have admin's privileges.
>

> > > 2.I m attaching the sample csv files that I used to import them into
>
> > > testopia.  Please find them and let me know if you see any
>
> > > inconsistency in it with the template.
>

> > > 3.Also , when I upload these files - and click on submit - there is no
>
> > > clear error, infact no error message to let us know what is wrong with
>
> > > the import.  how can I access log files that caused the import to

Hello Greg!
Thanks for reply,

I Check the error log but even it's not show any error related to Import fail.
& for  "Text::CSV module installed" I am not getting it, but i keep one file i.e. tr_csv2xml.pl but still

While Import test cases nothing happen
so please help me .

Thanks
Payal

Cannot import test cases from .csv into testopia

kyathams
I am using the TestOpia with version 3.4.5 on the Firefox 11, I am trying to import test cases from csv file to TestOpia, I have used the csv file with the specified formant and trying to import. There is no action taken place and searched the issue on Google, tr_importer.cgi(attached) downloaded from the http://bzr.mozilla.org/bugzilla/extensions/testopia/2.2-bugzilla-3.2/annotate/head:/tr_importer.cgi and placed at /var/www/html/bugzilla on server. After that I am trying to user the url https://hjbugzilla.persistent.co.in/PROSPECT/tr_importer.cgi following error is showing when I access the url : Software error: Can't locate XML/Validator/Schema.pm in @INC (@INC contains: . lib/i386-linux-thread-multi lib extensions/testopia/lib /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.7/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.6/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.7 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.6 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.5 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8) at extensions/testopia/lib/Testopia/Importer.pm line 36. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at extensions/testopia/lib/Testopia/Importer.pm line 36. Compilation failed in require at /home/www/html/PROSPECT/tr_importer.cgi line 37. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/www/html/PROSPECT/tr_importer.cgi line 37. For help, please send mail to the webmaster (root@localhost), giving this error message and the time and date of the error. Request you to help on this.

Re: Cannot import test cases from .csv into testopia

Ralph Siemsen
On Tue, Sep 04, 2012 at 10:53:32PM -0700, kyathams wrote:

> Software error:
> Can't locate XML/Validator/Schema.pm in @INC

This indicates that a required perl module is not installed
on your Bugzilla/Testopia system.

To install it on a Fedora or Red Hat linux machine:
    yum install perl-XML-Validator-Schema

For Debian, Ubuntu, etc you would use "apt-get install".
    apt-get install libxml-validator-schema-perl

There may be other missing modules; please consult the
documentation to make sure you have all necessary
dependencies installed.

Cheers,
-Ralph

Re: Cannot import test cases from .csv into testopia

jayshri.patil2007
Hi! all Please help me to solved import test cases issue in testopia

i follow all steps like
1. to install Text::CSV module
2. send error log report etc,
but still while import test cases nothing happen

Current issue: Import test cases in testopia nothing happen

On Thursday, October 4, 2012 12:30:39 PM UTC+5:30, Payal Saoji wrote:
> Hi! all Please help me to solved import test cases issue in testopia i follow all steps like 1. to install Text::CSV module 2. send error log report etc, but still while import test cases nothing happen Current issue: Import test cases in testopia nothing happen

Hi ALL!
Thanks to support
I install CSV module. now it's support for import csv, but still not able to import because while import it's shows message for category, & i am not able to create categoty due to testopia product list not disply in product dashbord tree view. so while create category it's shows error message "Please select product" and not allow to create categories

Re: Cannot import test cases from .csv into testopia

Muzscreamer
Hi Sri

well I am facing the same issue. I really don't know how to deal with it as I have no Idea where i can look for "tr_importer.cgi".Also I need to know where and what all changed I need to do in the Perl Script for importing the test cases.Kindly let me know the Procedure to proceed.

Re: Cannot import test cases from .csv into testopia

rsathya70
On Wednesday, 11 January 2012 21:30:42 UTC+5:30, Sri  wrote:
> Sorry abt replying this late.
>
> Do you still need the template or you figured it out.
>
> Let me know

Hi,

I know it is an old threat but we are evaluating Testopia in our company and I would really appreciate if you can share a working sample .csv file that I can use as a base for importing existing test cases?

Thanks a lot,
Sathya

Re: Cannot import test cases from .csv into testopia

rsathya70

I know it is an old thread but we are evaluating Testopia in our company and I would really appreciate if you can share a working sample .csv file that I can use as a base for importing existing test cases?

Thanks a lot,
Sathya

Re: Cannot import test cases from .csv into testopia

Ralph Siemsen
A sample file is included with testopia itself, it will be on your server
after you unpack the testopia archive. Filename: import_example.csv

The first line contains colum headings, the remaining lines contain
the data to be imported. However, note that the sample file assumes
you have a Bugzilla product called "TestProduct", test plan #22 and #33,
a user called "[hidden email]", a tester called "[hidden email]",
and so on.

These fields will need to be adjusted for your own Bugzilla install.
If you just try to import the CVS as-is, it will fail for sure.

Regards,
-Ralph

On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 03:52:38AM -0700, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I know it is an old thread but we are evaluating Testopia in our company and I would really appreciate if you can share a working sample .csv file that I can use as a base for importing existing test cases?
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Sathya

Re: Cannot import test cases from .csv into testopia

berta.nasarre
I have the same issue.

I'm tryin to import and exported test plan and it's not possible.

On apache logs I see next error:
[Thu Jan 30 12:32:32 2014] [error] [client 89.1.13.61] [Thu Jan 30 12:32:32 2014] tr_importer.cgi: Can't locate XML/Validator/Schema.pm in @INC (@INC contains: CODE(0x2f299bc) . lib C:/Perl/site/lib C:/Perl/lib) at /loader/0x2f299bc/Bugzilla/Extension/Testopia/Importer.pm line 36., referer: http://89.1.13.61/tr_show_product.cgi
[Thu Jan 30 12:32:32 2014] [error] [client 89.1.13.61] [Thu Jan 30 12:32:32 2014] tr_importer.cgi: BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /loader/0x2f299bc/Bugzilla/Extension/Testopia/Importer.pm line 36., referer: http://89.1.13.61/tr_show_product.cgi
[Thu Jan 30 12:32:32 2014] [error] [client 89.1.13.61] [Thu Jan 30 12:32:32 2014] tr_importer.cgi: Compilation failed in require at C:/Bugzilla/tr_importer.cgi line 39., referer: http://89.1.13.61/tr_show_product.cgi
[Thu Jan 30 12:32:32 2014] [error] [client 89.1.13.61] [Thu Jan 30 12:32:32 2014] tr_importer.cgi: BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:/Bugzilla/tr_importer.cgi line 39., referer: http://89.1.13.61/tr_show_product.cgi

Bugzilla and testopia are installed in a windows machine.

I have perl version  5.10, and  UWinnipeg repository, but I'm not able to find and install XML SCHEMA VALIDATOR.

Thanks in advance!