Cannot connect to MySQL database

Jonathan Goldberg
I get the following error when running ./checkconfig.pl:

DBI connect(';localhost;3306','bugs',...) failed: Can't connect to local
MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) at
./checksetup.pl line 1460
Can't connect to the mysql database. Is the database installed and
up and running?  Do you have the correct username and password selected in
localconfig?

I verified the mysqld is running, and even logged on as the bugs@localhost
user.  I may have a problem with the socket, since the directory
"/var/run/mysql/" is emtpy.

Thanks for the help!

Re: Cannot connect to MySQL database

Joel Peshkin
Jonathan Goldberg wrote:

> I get the following error when running ./checkconfig.pl:
>
> DBI connect(';localhost;3306','bugs',...) failed: Can't connect to local
> MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) at
> ./checksetup.pl line 1460
> Can't connect to the mysql database. Is the database installed and
> up and running?  Do you have the correct username and password selected in
> localconfig?
>
> I verified the mysqld is running, and even logged on as the bugs@localhost
> user.  I may have a problem with the socket, since the directory
> "/var/run/mysql/" is emtpy.
>
> Thanks for the help!

Change "localhost" to 127.0.0.1

DBI is ignoring your request to use port 3306 and is trying to use
/var/run/mysql/mysql.sock instead

Re: Cannot connect to MySQL database

Marc Schumann
Jonathan,

2005/6/25, Jonathan Goldberg <[hidden email]>:

> DBI connect(';localhost;3306','bugs',...) failed: Can't connect to local
> MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) at
> ./checksetup.pl line 1460
> Can't connect to the mysql database. Is the database installed and
> up and running?  Do you have the correct username and password selected in
> localconfig?
>
> I verified the mysqld is running, and even logged on as the bugs@localhost
> user.  I may have a problem with the socket, since the directory
> "/var/run/mysql/" is emtpy.

maybe http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/old-client.html is of help to you.

   Regards
      Marc

--
http://wurblzap.net/
Bugzilla hosting and professional support