Cancel Token proposal withdrawl

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Cancel Token proposal withdrawl

Isiah Meadows-2
The [latest proposal][1] has been withdrawn due to [Google
resistance][2] regarding performance. What concerns did they have, and
with what parts? It's hard to figure out what the problem is and come
up with ideas when it's all smoke and mirrors. And yes, I've tried
searching for any traces of an answer, but I've found pretty much
none, using multiple search engines.

Please, could I get some sort of idea what is actually wrong with the
proposal, what's driving them to be so strongly against it? :-(

[1]: https://github.com/tc39/proposal-cancelable-promises
[2]: https://github.com/tc39/proposal-cancelable-promises/issues/70#issuecomment-267414933

-----

Isiah Meadows
[hidden email]
_______________________________________________
es-discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/es-discuss
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Cancel Token proposal withdrawl

Domenic Denicola
Why do you say "regarding performance"? That seems made up with no evidence.



From: Isiah Meadows <[hidden email]>
Sent: Jan 5, 2017 20:09
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Cancel Token proposal withdrawl

The [latest proposal][1] has been withdrawn due to [Google
resistance][2] regarding performance. What concerns did they have, and
with what parts? It's hard to figure out what the problem is and come
up with ideas when it's all smoke and mirrors. And yes, I've tried
searching for any traces of an answer, but I've found pretty much
none, using multiple search engines.

Please, could I get some sort of idea what is actually wrong with the
proposal, what's driving them to be so strongly against it? :-(

[1]: https://github.com/tc39/proposal-cancelable-promises
[2]: https://github.com/tc39/proposal-cancelable-promises/issues/70#issuecomment-267414933

-----

Isiah Meadows
[hidden email]
_______________________________________________
es-discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/es-discuss

_______________________________________________
es-discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/es-discuss
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Cancel Token proposal withdrawl

Isiah Meadows-2
Okay...I may have misremembered the general reason (I thought I saw
perf concerns stated somewhere, but I can't remember precisely where),
but I've yet to see anything significant in the open about why they
were so against it. That's why I'm asking what drove them against it.
-----

Isiah Meadows
[hidden email]


On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 8:24 PM, Domenic Denicola <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Why do you say "regarding performance"? That seems made up with no evidence.
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: Isiah Meadows <[hidden email]>
> Sent: Jan 5, 2017 20:09
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Cancel Token proposal withdrawl
>
> The [latest proposal][1] has been withdrawn due to [Google
> resistance][2] regarding performance. What concerns did they have, and
> with what parts? It's hard to figure out what the problem is and come
> up with ideas when it's all smoke and mirrors. And yes, I've tried
> searching for any traces of an answer, but I've found pretty much
> none, using multiple search engines.
>
> Please, could I get some sort of idea what is actually wrong with the
> proposal, what's driving them to be so strongly against it? :-(
>
> [1]: https://github.com/tc39/proposal-cancelable-promises
> [2]:
> https://github.com/tc39/proposal-cancelable-promises/issues/70#issuecomment-267414933
>
> -----
>
> Isiah Meadows
> [hidden email]
> _______________________________________________
> es-discuss mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/es-discuss
_______________________________________________
es-discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/es-discuss
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Cancel Token proposal withdrawl

Isiah Meadows-2
I do suspect most of these will end up answered in the next meeting's
notes, though. Hopefully, they do. So on that note, I'll let this sit
for a bit longer (and probably re-ask then if it ends up not
addressed).
-----

Isiah Meadows
[hidden email]


On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 8:53 PM, Isiah Meadows <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Okay...I may have misremembered the general reason (I thought I saw
> perf concerns stated somewhere, but I can't remember precisely where),
> but I've yet to see anything significant in the open about why they
> were so against it. That's why I'm asking what drove them against it.
> -----
>
> Isiah Meadows
> [hidden email]
>
>
> On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 8:24 PM, Domenic Denicola <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Why do you say "regarding performance"? That seems made up with no evidence.
>>
>>
>> ________________________________
>> From: Isiah Meadows <[hidden email]>
>> Sent: Jan 5, 2017 20:09
>> To: [hidden email]
>> Subject: Cancel Token proposal withdrawl
>>
>> The [latest proposal][1] has been withdrawn due to [Google
>> resistance][2] regarding performance. What concerns did they have, and
>> with what parts? It's hard to figure out what the problem is and come
>> up with ideas when it's all smoke and mirrors. And yes, I've tried
>> searching for any traces of an answer, but I've found pretty much
>> none, using multiple search engines.
>>
>> Please, could I get some sort of idea what is actually wrong with the
>> proposal, what's driving them to be so strongly against it? :-(
>>
>> [1]: https://github.com/tc39/proposal-cancelable-promises
>> [2]:
>> https://github.com/tc39/proposal-cancelable-promises/issues/70#issuecomment-267414933
>>
>> -----
>>
>> Isiah Meadows
>> [hidden email]
>> _______________________________________________
>> es-discuss mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/es-discuss
_______________________________________________
es-discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/es-discuss