Can't install mnenhy extension

Percival P. Cassidy-2
I had mnenhy installed before, but when I tried to reinstall it after
installing Mozilla 1.7.12 from scratch, I got an "unable to write to
chrome directory" message (or words to that effect).

Now when I try to install mnenhy again it says that it's already
installed and that I need to uninstall first. The only way I can see to
to uninstall mnenhy is to use its own uninstaller -- but its uninstaller
is not available because installation did not finish.

Perce

Re: Can't install mnenhy extension

gwtc
Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

> I had mnenhy installed before, but when I tried to reinstall it after
> installing Mozilla 1.7.12 from scratch, I got an "unable to write to
> chrome directory" message (or words to that effect).
>
> Now when I try to install mnenhy again it says that it's already
> installed and that I need to uninstall first. The only way I can see to
> to uninstall mnenhy is to use its own uninstaller -- but its uninstaller
> is not available because installation did not finish.
>
> Perce
install the extension manager:
http://www.roundtwo.com/product/extensionuninstaller and see if this
will remove it

Re: Can't install mnenhy extension

Lewis Rosenthal
On 12/16/2005 07:09 pm, Percival P. Cassidy thus wrote :

> I had mnenhy installed before, but when I tried to reinstall it after
> installing Mozilla 1.7.12 from scratch, I got an "unable to write to
> chrome directory" message (or words to that effect).
>
> Now when I try to install mnenhy again it says that it's already
> installed and that I need to uninstall first. The only way I can see to
> to uninstall mnenhy is to use its own uninstaller -- but its uninstaller
> is not available because installation did not finish.
>
> Perce
I've had this problem myself, Perce. I simply delete any mnenhy*.jar
files I may have (the "*" is intentional, as you will notice several
language packs installed) between my profile and the global chrome, and
carefully edit chrome.rdf to remove all references to it (watch the
syntax). After that, I fire up SeaMonkey and give the installer another
go. That usually does the trick.

--
Lewis
Lewis G Rosenthal, CNA, CLP, CLE