Quantcast

Can cmd_newNavigator be disabled using xul ?

Can cmd_newNavigator be disabled using xul ?

kodifik
I'm using the official plugin rkiosk.
New navigator windows can still be opened by shift-clicking on links, inspite of this being written in the code:
<command id="cmd_newNavigator" disabled="true"/>
(the same goes for cmd_newNavigatorTab , Browser:OpenFile , key_newNavigator , key_newNavigatorTab and many others)
I would like to modify rkiosk as to completely disallow new navigator windows.
Can it be done using xul?

Re: Can cmd_newNavigator be disabled using xul ?

Neil-4
[hidden email] wrote:

>I'm using the official plugin rkiosk.
>New navigator windows can still be opened by shift-clicking on links, inspite of this being written in the code:
><command id="cmd_newNavigator" disabled="true"/>
>(the same goes for cmd_newNavigatorTab , Browser:OpenFile , key_newNavigator , key_newNavigatorTab and many others)
>I would like to modify rkiosk as to completely disallow new navigator windows.
>Can it be done using xul?

I think shift-clicking on links is directly handled by
contentAreaClick(). Then there's links with targets and window.open calls...

--
Warning: May contain traces of nuts.

Re: Can cmd_newNavigator be disabled using xul ?

kodifik
Thank you, Neil.
Do you mean by "directly handled" that there can be no xul control about it?

I'm preparing to compile a firefox version with function openBrowserWindow voided,
as a last solution...

Juanjo Garcia wrote:

>I'm preparing to compile a firefox version with function openBrowserWindow voided, as a last solution...

contentAreaClick calls openLinkIn but that doesn't call openBrowserWindow.

--
Warning: May contain traces of nuts.