Can I display XML entities in an RDF tree?

Can I display XML entities in an RDF tree?

sebastian-50
I have a multi-language application in which I want to feed an RDF
tree with language-agnostic data from a server. The data in question
here is the status of a resource, which can only have a limited number
of values, i.e. "new" or "canceled".
What I've tried so far unsuccessfully was to try to get the entity
identifiers into the tree or by placing them directly into the RDF-XML
(which invalidated the XML as the entities are defined in a DTD file
in the XUL application) or by constructing them through variable
substitution in tree's template like <treecell value="&?variable^;"/>
(which invalidated the XUL).

Is there any way I can make use of the localized entities I've defined
in the client application?
The last resort would be to use images.

Thanks,
-Sebastian

Re: Can I display XML entities in an RDF tree?

Neil-4
sebwin wrote:

>I have a multi-language application in which I want to feed an RDF tree with language-agnostic data from a server. The data in question here is the status of a resource, which can only have a limited number of values, i.e. "new" or "canceled".

Maybe you could aggregate your RDF datasource with a local RDF
translation file loaded from your locale, so that your remote
datasource  would have an arc from the resource to one of a number of
predefined status resources, which would then have an arc in the
translation datasource to the display value.

--
Warning: May contain traces of nuts.

On Oct 14, 10:48 am, Neil <[hidden email]> wrote:

> sebwin wrote:
> >I have a multi-language application in which I want to feed an RDF tree with language-agnostic data from a server. The data in question here is the status of a resource, which can only have a limited number of values, i.e. "new" or "canceled".
>
> Maybe you could aggregate your RDF datasource with a local RDF
> translation file loaded from your locale, so that your remote
> datasource  would have an arc from the resource to one of a number of
> predefined status resources, which would then have an arc in the
> translation datasource to the display value.
>
> --
> Warning: May contain traces of nuts.

That works beautifully.
What a good idea!