Call for Papers: Accessible Way-Finding Using Web Technologies - Online Symposium
Dear group members,
The W3C WAI Research and Development Working Group (RDWG) invites you to contribute to the online symposium on Accessible Way-Finding Using Web Technologies, described at:
http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/2014/way-finding/ Submission date: *20 October 2014*
Symposium date: *3 December 2014*
This online symposium invites researchers, practitioners, and users with disabilities, to explore new and on-going research and development on accessible way-finding using web technologies. It examines different technologies, applications, concepts, and solutions that help people with disabilities orient themselves, explore, and navigate through the physical world. The goal of this symposium is to:
- explore current state-of-the-art in accessible way-finding
- better understand the accessibility needs and preferences of people with disabilities
- explore promising web technologies and developments to provide accessible way-finding
We invite research and position papers of about 1,000 words. Submissions will be peer-reviewed.
Accepted papers will be published online in an attributable form as part of the symposium proceedings. Authors of accepted papers will be invited to participate in the symposium panel.
If you are interested in contributing to this Symposium, please submit your paper by:
*20 October 2013*
Feel free to circulate this message to other lists; please avoid cross-postings where possible.
The Research and Development Working Group (RDWG) helps:
- increase accessibility considerations in research on web technologies, including mainstream research,
- suggest research questions that may contribute to web accessibility research projects,
- inform development of web accessibility solutions,
- decrease the number of potential barriers in future web-related technologies.
RDWG Symposia bring together researchers, practitioners, and users with disabilities interested in a particular aspect of web accessibility to advance research and development in that area. The online Symposia include a panel with the authors of accepted papers, and provide an opportunity for participants to ask questions. Symposia proceedings, transcript, and a report are available publicly online afterward.