[Calendar l10n] Status update on the state of localization

[Calendar l10n] Status update on the state of localization

Simon Paquet-3
Hi guys,

thanks for the feedback on my last post. Since my last post six days ago
we've moved from 8 languages with green tinderboxen to 19 languages.
Thanks a lot for all your hard work guys

Here's a short overview of the current situation:

1) The following locales have green tinderboxen on the
   MOZILLA_1_8_BRANCH and should be okay for the RC1:
   ca, cs, da, de, es-AR, es-ES, eu, fr, ga-IE, ka, lt, mk, nb-NO, pl,
   pt-BR, pt-PT, sk, uk, zh-CN

   Thanks guys!

2) The following locales have orange or red tinderboxen on the
   MOZILLA_1_8_BRANCH but are okay on the trunk:
   ko, tr

   Guys, please commit the changes that you made on the trunk to the
   MOZILLA_1_8_BRANCH as well. Once you've done that you should be ok.

3) The following locales have orange tinderboxen on the
   MOZILLA_1_8_BRANCH:
   nl, ru

4) The following locales have red tinderboxen on the
   MOZILLA_1_8_BRANCH:
   hu, it, pa-IN, sl, sv-SE

I would really appreciate it, if those of you that fall into category
2, 3 or 4 could give me a short estimate, whether you expect to finish
in time or whether you need more time and will only make it for
subsequent RCs (if those are released) or the final release.

Iacobo and Ahmet Serkan (owners of Italian and Turkish Calendar l10n)
have already responded here or via mail, so no need to do it again.

Thanks in advance
Simon

PS: It may be possible that we may have 3-4 additional strings coming in
with a late-l10n change in the coming week. This is just a heads-up for
you. We'll post an update as soon as we know more.

--
Calendar l10n coordinator
Calendar Website Maintainer: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar

Re: [Calendar l10n] Status update on the state of localization

Simon Paquet-3
Simon Paquet wrote:

Short update:

>2) The following locales have orange or red tinderboxen on the
>   MOZILLA_1_8_BRANCH but are okay on the trunk:
>   ko, tr

Nothing has changed here.

>3) The following locales have orange tinderboxen on the
>   MOZILLA_1_8_BRANCH:
>   nl, ru

ru went green a few hours ago.

>4) The following locales have red tinderboxen on the
>   MOZILLA_1_8_BRANCH:
>   hu, it, pa-IN, sl, sv-SE

hu also went green a few hours ago.

In addition we just got a full Japanese localization filling one of our
greatest gaps.

So at the moment only the following seven languages are not working for
Sunbird/Lightning 0.8: it, ko, nl, pa-IN, sl, sv-SE, tr

I already filed bugs for ko, sl and sv-SE. There already is a bug for
pa-IN. I'll probably file bugs for it, nl and tr tomorrow, just to be on
the safe side.

Simon
--
Calendar l10n coordinator
Calendar Website Maintainer: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar
Calendar developer blog:     http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/calendar

Re: [Calendar l10n] Status update on the state of localization

Ankit Patel
Just wondering why gu-IN is not in the list of green tinderboxen, even though it is...

Simon, can you please confirm the state for gu-IN ?

Thanks!
Ankit

Re: [Calendar l10n] Status update on the state of localization

Aman Alam
Ankit Patel ਨੇ ਲਿਖਿਆ:
> Just wondering why gu-IN is not in the list of green tinderboxen, even though it is...
>
> Simon, can you please confirm the state for gu-IN ?

it Seems Simon was talking about Sunbird, not FF

regards
A S Alam
Punjabi Open Source Team
http://www.satluj.org

Re: [Calendar l10n] Status update on the state of localization

Simon Paquet-2
[hidden email] wrote on 05. Feb 2008:

>> Just wondering why gu-IN is not in the list of green tinderboxen, even
>> though it is...
>>
>> Simon, can you please confirm the state for gu-IN ?
>>
> it Seems Simon was talking about Sunbird, not FF

Exactly.

> regards
> A S Alam
> Punjabi Open Source Team
> http://www.satluj.org

While you're here, are there any news regarding the update of the
Punjabi localization for Sunbird/Lightning 0.8? For 0.7 we already
shipped an incomplete localization (roughly 50% of all strings were
in English, not in Punjabi). We won't do that again so I would
appreciate a statement from you.

If you're no longer interested in translating Sunbird or Lightning or
you do not have enough time to support us, please tell us, so that I
can remove your locale from the list of supported languages.

Simon

--
Calendar l10n coordinator
Calendar Website Maintainer: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar
Calendar developer blog:     http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/calendar

Re: [Calendar l10n] Status update on the state of localization

Ankit Patel
Ah i see,

Thanks Aman.

Re: [Calendar l10n] Status update on the state of localization

Stefan Sitter-2
Ankit Patel wrote:
> Just wondering why gu-IN is not in the list of green tinderboxen,
> even though it is...

gu-IN is not a registered translation for Sunbird/Lightning
<http://lxr.mozilla.org/mozilla1.8/source/calendar/locales/all-locales>
therefore it doesn't show up on the tinderboxen.

If you have a working translation for Sunbird/Lightning I suggest to
file a bug to add gu-IN to the all-locales files.

/Stefan

Re: Status update on the state of localization

koen-9
On 3 feb, 12:53, Simon Paquet <[hidden email]> wrote:
> 3) The following locales have orange tinderboxen on the
>    MOZILLA_1_8_BRANCH:
>    nl, ru

The nl tinderbox is green. Also the late checkin is ok.