Calendar help

Ricardo Palomares Martí­nez
Hi,

I've been reviewing the CVS for Calendarhelp and I've found that no
changes have been commited for the last 6 months. As a translator for
Calendar, I wouldn't like to suddenly find out that all the help files
have been merged into l10n repository as part of the Calendar project,
but OTOH I hardly have spare time to keep contributing to all Mozilla
l10n stuff in which I'm involved, and I'd rather not spend time
translating Calendar help files if they're not going to be updated
anymore.

Can anyone comment on this? Is Calendarhelp on a hold till Calendar's
different UIs stabilize?

TIA

--
If it's true that we are here to help others,
then what exactly are the OTHERS here for?

Re: Calendar help

Rod Whiteley
On 05/03/2006 19:38, Ricardo Palomares Martinez wrote:
> I've been reviewing the CVS for Calendarhelp and I've found that no
> changes have been commited for the last 6 months....

Yes, the source text files on CVS are dated November 3, 2005.

> ...I wouldn't like to suddenly find out that all the help files
> have been merged into l10n repository as part of the Calendar project,

I don't think anyone plans to merge Calendar Help into Calendar.

> ...translating Calendar help files if they're not going to be updated
> anymore.

There have been some updates in line with Sunbird 0.3 development.  The
source generally appears in CVS as part of a release.

> ...Is Calendarhelp on a hold till Calendar's different UIs stabilize?

I plan a new release for Sunbird only, around the time of the next
Sunbird release (0.3a2), even if Sunbird's UI is not all final by then.

If you are planning to translate the help at this time, e-mail me and
I'll let you know more about what's happening.

--
Rod Whiteley

Re: Calendar help

Rod Whiteley escribió:

> I don't think anyone plans to merge Calendar Help into Calendar.
> (...)
>
> If you are planning to translate the help at this time, e-mail me and
> I'll let you know more about what's happening.

I registered myself to translate Calendar help files but, as I said in
my previous post, I'm currently short of time to contribute the
translation. If no inclusion of the help into the main program is
planned at this time (BTW, is there any reason why it wouldn't be good
to do such merge?), I'm afraid I will still keep it on hold. I'll
bring this topic in the mailing list of our l10n es-ES team, though,
to "ping" any volunteers. If someone jumps in, I'll contact you.

Thanks for your answer.

On 06/03/2006 19:18, Ricardo Palomares Martinez wrote:
> ...inclusion of the help into the main program...
> ...is there any reason why it wouldn't be good
> to do such merge?), I'm afraid I will still keep it on hold...

You answered the question yourself--as separate projects they can be
translated (also developed, released and installed) separately.  When
Calendar is mature this flexibility might be unwanted, but in these
early stages it is useful.

--
Rod Whiteley