CSS Custom Filters

smukhtar0444
Are CSS Custom Filters supported in Mozilla Firefox? I can't seem to find any information on them.

Re: CSS Custom Filters

Daniel Holbert-3
No, I don't think they are supported.

It looks like Custom Filters were at one point in time (way back in 2013)
defined in the Filter Effects spec, e.g. see this snapshot from 2013:
 https://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-filter-effects-1-20131126/#custom-filter
...but they were removed from the current version of that spec in early
2014 -- here's the current spec:
 https://drafts.fxtf.org/filter-effects/
(See note "Removed custom filters" near the bottom)

Here's the spec-commit where they were removed ("per WG resolution"):
https://hg.fxtf.org/drafts/rev/31fa1bca0c71
...and here's the notes from the working group meeting where they were
removed:
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-fx/2014JanMar/0066.html

On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 6:10 AM <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Are CSS Custom Filters supported in Mozilla Firefox? I can't seem to find
> any information on them.

Re: CSS Custom Filters

Daniel Holbert-3
(All of which is to say, they are no longer a web standard feature, which
probably explains why you can't find information on them & which means you
shouldn't be depending on them.)