Byte Compiling Scripts and Debugging

Edwin S. Ramirez
Is it possible to have a Rhino embedding where some scripts are byte
compiled while others are interpreted?  Will the debugger show the code
for the compiled scripts?  Will it prevent stepping into those
functions?

Thanks,

-Edwin S. Ramirez-

Re: Byte Compiling Scripts and Debugging

Norris Boyd
Edwin wrote:
> Is it possible to have a Rhino embedding where some scripts are byte
> compiled while others are interpreted?

Ignoring the debugger for the moment, the answer is Yes. Compiled
functions can call interpreted ones and vice-versa.

   Will the debugger show the code
> for the compiled scripts?  Will it prevent stepping into those
> functions?

I'm not sure how the debugger works with mixed compiled and interpreted
functions. This may just work, but it also would not surprise me if this
fails in some ungraceful way because the debugger is making assumptions
about the internals of functions on the stack frame. Patches welcome if so!