Buttons not working in message window

Dave Pyles
I'm running Thunderbird 1.5 build 2005120115 on a Win 2000 PC.  When I
open a message in a message window (by double clicking on the message)
and attempt to use the reply, forward, etc., buttons, they don't work.
They work fine from the preview window.  Does anyone had a clue what
might be causing this problem?

Dave Pyles

Re: Buttons not working in message window

Leonidas Jones
Dave Pyles wrote:
> I'm running Thunderbird 1.5 build 2005120115 on a Win 2000 PC.  When I
> open a message in a message window (by double clicking on the message)
> and attempt to use the reply, forward, etc., buttons, they don't work.
> They work fine from the preview window.  Does anyone had a clue what
> might be causing this problem?
>
> Dave Pyles

The Mac version may be different in this regard, but when you open a
message in its own window, do you not get a toolbar in that window? From
here, that works, while the main window toolbar does not.

Lee

On 12/30/2005 5:48 PM, Leonidas Jones wrote:

> Dave Pyles wrote:
>> I'm running Thunderbird 1.5 build 2005120115 on a Win 2000 PC.  When I
>> open a message in a message window (by double clicking on the message)
>> and attempt to use the reply, forward, etc., buttons, they don't work.
>> They work fine from the preview window.  Does anyone had a clue what
>> might be causing this problem?
>>
>> Dave Pyles
>
> The Mac version may be different in this regard, but when you open a
> message in its own window, do you not get a toolbar in that window? From
> here, that works, while the main window toolbar does not.
>
> Lee
Hi Lee,

        I get the toolbar, It just doesn't work.

Dave

Dave Pyles wrote:

> On 12/30/2005 5:48 PM, Leonidas Jones wrote:
>> Dave Pyles wrote:
>>> I'm running Thunderbird 1.5 build 2005120115 on a Win 2000 PC.  When
>>> I open a message in a message window (by double clicking on the
>>> message) and attempt to use the reply, forward, etc., buttons, they
>>> don't work. They work fine from the preview window.  Does anyone had
>>> a clue what might be causing this problem?
>>>
>>> Dave Pyles
>>
>> The Mac version may be different in this regard, but when you open a
>> message in its own window, do you not get a toolbar in that window?
>> From here, that works, while the main window toolbar does not.
>>
>> Lee
> Hi Lee,
>
>     I get the toolbar, It just doesn't work.
>
> Dave

Working from here, 1.5RC2, on a Mac.

Lee

Re: Buttons not working in message window

M Cowperthwaite
Dave Pyles wrote:
> I'm running Thunderbird 1.5 build 2005120115 on a Win 2000 PC.  When I
> open a message in a message window (by double clicking on the message)
> and attempt to use the reply, forward, etc., buttons, they don't work.
> They work fine from the preview window.  Does anyone had a clue what
> might be causing this problem?

One possibility is that you have an extension installed that's
interfering with the proper operation of the program.

Another possibility, unclear from your posting, is that the message
you've opened is a forwarded message sent as an attachment.
Double-clicking such an attachment opens it into its own message window.
In 1.0.x, the Reply/Forward etc. buttons were disabled, but due to a fix
for .EML files in a standalone message window, those buttons are enabled
for 1.5, but inoperable.  (They operate as expected for the .EML case.)

In current trunk builds, the buttons work for an attached message as
well as for a .EML file.

--
Michael Cowperthwaite

To send mail, remove 'Z's from the poster's email address.

On 1/5/2006 1:36 PM, M Cowperthwaite wrote:

> Dave Pyles wrote:
>> I'm running Thunderbird 1.5 build 2005120115 on a Win 2000 PC.  When I
>> open a message in a message window (by double clicking on the message)
>> and attempt to use the reply, forward, etc., buttons, they don't work.
>> They work fine from the preview window.  Does anyone had a clue what
>> might be causing this problem?
>
> One possibility is that you have an extension installed that's
> interfering with the proper operation of the program.
>
> Another possibility, unclear from your posting, is that the message
> you've opened is a forwarded message sent as an attachment.
> Double-clicking such an attachment opens it into its own message window.
> In 1.0.x, the Reply/Forward etc. buttons were disabled, but due to a fix
> for .EML files in a standalone message window, those buttons are enabled
> for 1.5, but inoperable.  (They operate as expected for the .EML case.)
>
> In current trunk builds, the buttons work for an attached message as
> well as for a .EML file.

The problem went away after I booted the machine the next day.  It must
have been a transient Windoze glitch.  Thanks for your rep;y.
Dave