Bummed

Ron Hunter
Using the current Firefox version, and it just won't play Yahoo videos.
Tried the video in IE 11, and it reported 'your browser does not support
playing videos'!  Played just fine on Chrome.  Sigh.  WHY?  Do browser
companies have to pay Yahoo in order to be able to play their video format?

Re: Bummed

😉 Good Guy 😉
On 11/09/2016 19:19, Ron Hunter wrote:
> Using the current Firefox version, and it just won't play Yahoo
> videos. Tried the video in IE 11, and it reported 'your browser does
> not support playing videos'!  Played just fine on Chrome.  Sigh.
> WHY?  Do browser companies have to pay Yahoo in order to be able to
> play their video format?

Just tried 44.0.2 and no problems.

AFAIK, nobody have to pay anything to YAHOO to play their videos as the
cost of Videos is covered by Ads.

--

If you want to filter all of my posts then please read this article:
<https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/organize-your-messages-using-filters>

With over 350 million devices now running Windows 10, customer

Re: Bummed

David E. Ross-3
On 9/11/2016 11:19 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:
> Using the current Firefox version, and it just won't play Yahoo videos.
> Tried the video in IE 11, and it reported 'your browser does not support
> playing videos'!  Played just fine on Chrome.  Sigh.  WHY?  Do browser
> companies have to pay Yahoo in order to be able to play their video format?

Do you have Flash installed?  Is HTML Media enabled?

--
Donald Trump claims everyone likes him.  Does that
include his ex-wives?  How about the students who

Re: Bummed

WaltS48-3
On 09/11/2016 02:19 PM, Ron Hunter wrote:
> Using the current Firefox version, and it just won't play Yahoo
> videos. Tried the video in IE 11, and it reported 'your browser does
> not support playing videos'!  Played just fine on Chrome.  Sigh. WHY?
> Do browser companies have to pay Yahoo in order to be able to play
> their video format?

Using the most current Firefox released by Ubuntu which is 48.0, I'm
having no problem.

Here is one link
<https://www.yahoo.com/news/video-appears-show-clinton-collapse-172527256.html>

We know you posted your query after trying Firefox in safe mode and if
they didn't play then, then you tried a new profile.

The video above is an HTML5 video, and I don't think any browser
companies have to pay Yahoo.

Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS

Re: Bummed

Ron Hunter
On 9/11/2016 3:08 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
> On 9/11/2016 11:19 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:
>> Using the current Firefox version, and it just won't play Yahoo videos.
>> Tried the video in IE 11, and it reported 'your browser does not support
>> playing videos'!  Played just fine on Chrome.  Sigh.  WHY?  Do browser
>> companies have to pay Yahoo in order to be able to play their video format?
>>

> Do you have Flash installed?  Is HTML Media enabled?

It displays (on Firefox) and the little activity indicator revolves,
endlessly.  On IE, it just gave me a message.  Chrome works fine.

Re: Bummed

WaltS48-3
On 9/11/2016 4:50 PM, Ron Hunter wrote:

> On 9/11/2016 3:08 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
>> On 9/11/2016 11:19 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:
>>> Using the current Firefox version, and it just won't play Yahoo videos.
>>> Tried the video in IE 11, and it reported 'your browser does not support
>>> playing videos'!  Played just fine on Chrome.  Sigh.  WHY?  Do browser
>>> companies have to pay Yahoo in order to be able to play their video
>>> format?
>>>

>> Do you have Flash installed?  Is HTML Media enabled?
>>
> It displays (on Firefox) and the little activity indicator revolves,
> endlessly.  On IE, it just gave me a message.  Chrome works fine.

Yahoo videos play just fine here, with uBlock Origin enabled, Flash set
to "Never Activate".

<https://www.yahoo.com/news/least-30-injured-deck-collapses-101942762.html>

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:48.0) Gecko/20100101
Firefox/48.0 BuildID: 20160823121617 Version: 48.0.2

Re: Bummed

Ron Hunter
On 9/11/2016 7:28 PM, WaltS48 wrote:

> On 9/11/2016 4:50 PM, Ron Hunter wrote:
>>>>

>>> Do you have Flash installed?  Is HTML Media enabled?
>>>
>> It displays (on Firefox) and the little activity indicator revolves,
>> endlessly.  On IE, it just gave me a message.  Chrome works fine.
>>

> Yahoo videos play just fine here, with uBlock Origin enabled, Flash set
> to "Never Activate".
>
> <https://www.yahoo.com/news/least-30-injured-deck-collapses-101942762.html>
>
> Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:48.0) Gecko/20100101
> Firefox/48.0 BuildID: 20160823121617 Version: 48.0.2

Same settings here with uBlock Origin, and Flash set to 'ask to
activate'.  Will try 'never activate'.

Got it to play with 'never activate'.  Also turned off 'strict popup
blocker'.  Thanks.

Re: Bummed

Sailfish-4
9/11/2016 11:14 PM:

> On 9/11/2016 7:28 PM, WaltS48 wrote:

>>> It displays (on Firefox) and the little activity indicator revolves,
>>> endlessly.  On IE, it just gave me a message.  Chrome works fine.
>>>

>> Yahoo videos play just fine here, with uBlock Origin enabled, Flash set
>> to "Never Activate".
>>
>> <https://www.yahoo.com/news/least-30-injured-deck-collapses-101942762.html>
>>

>> Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:48.0) Gecko/20100101
>> Firefox/48.0 BuildID: 20160823121617 Version: 48.0.2
>>

> Same settings here with uBlock Origin, and Flash set to 'ask to
> activate'.  Will try 'never activate'.
>
> Got it to play with 'never activate'.  Also turned off 'strict popup
> blocker'.  Thanks.

I've noticed the same thing periodically happening on some sites I've
visited. When I'm really interested, I try disabling ABP and reloading
and the video works (re-enabling ABP afterward); however, I haven't done
any type of exhausted testing to determine if the sites or just the
videos are ABP-averse.

--
Sailfish

Re: Bummed

Ron Hunter
On 9/12/2016 10:26 AM, Sailfish wrote:

> My bloviated meandering follows what Ron Hunter graced us with on
> 9/11/2016 11:14 PM:

>>> Yahoo videos play just fine here, with uBlock Origin enabled, Flash set
>>> to "Never Activate".
>>>
>>> <https://www.yahoo.com/news/least-30-injured-deck-collapses-101942762.html>
>>>

>>> Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:48.0) Gecko/20100101
>>> Firefox/48.0 BuildID: 20160823121617 Version: 48.0.2
>>>

>> Same settings here with uBlock Origin, and Flash set to 'ask to
>> activate'.  Will try 'never activate'.
>>
>> Got it to play with 'never activate'.  Also turned off 'strict popup
>> blocker'.  Thanks.
>>
> I've noticed the same thing periodically happening on some sites I've
> visited. When I'm really interested, I try disabling ABP and reloading
> and the video works (re-enabling ABP afterward); however, I haven't done
> any type of exhausted testing to determine if the sites or just the
> videos are ABP-averse.

They seem to be playing now, but I have to click on the rotating circle,
and sometimes the pause, and start icons to get them to run.  I can live
with that.
Been watching various view of Hillary having to be carried into a van.
Something is bad wrong with her, health-wise.

Re: Bummed

Delrio
On 12-Sep-2016 11:29 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:

> Been watching various view of Hillary having to be carried into a van.
> Something is bad wrong with her, health-wise.

Yeah! She's allergic to Trump. :-)

Re: Bummed

David E. Ross-3
On 9/11/2016 1:50 PM, Ron Hunter wrote:

> On 9/11/2016 3:08 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
>> On 9/11/2016 11:19 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:
>>> Using the current Firefox version, and it just won't play Yahoo videos.
>>> Tried the video in IE 11, and it reported 'your browser does not support
>>> playing videos'!  Played just fine on Chrome.  Sigh.  WHY?  Do browser
>>> companies have to pay Yahoo in order to be able to play their video format?
>>>

>> Do you have Flash installed?  Is HTML Media enabled?
>>
> It displays (on Firefox) and the little activity indicator revolves,
> endlessly.  On IE, it just gave me a message.  Chrome works fine.

I notice that most Yahoo sites -- especially news -- do not load
properly if AdBlock Plus is enabled.  It seems that a page's CSS file is
blocked along with the ads.

On 09/12/2016 11:29 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:

> On 9/12/2016 10:26 AM, Sailfish wrote:
>> My bloviated meandering follows what Ron Hunter graced us with on

>>> Same settings here with uBlock Origin, and Flash set to 'ask to
>>> activate'.  Will try 'never activate'.
>>>
>>> Got it to play with 'never activate'.  Also turned off 'strict popup
>>> blocker'.  Thanks.
>>>
>> I've noticed the same thing periodically happening on some sites I've
>> visited. When I'm really interested, I try disabling ABP and reloading
>> and the video works (re-enabling ABP afterward); however, I haven't done
>> any type of exhausted testing to determine if the sites or just the
>> videos are ABP-averse.
>>
> They seem to be playing now, but I have to click on the rotating
> circle, and sometimes the pause, and start icons to get them to run.
> I can live with that.
> Been watching various view of Hillary having to be carried into a van.
> Something is bad wrong with her, health-wise.

She has pneumonia, and was probably dehydrated. It was hot.

My cardiologist told me I was dehydrated when I was having light headed
spells, and almost collapsing. I drink more water and haven't had a
spell in years.

That other major candidate does have something bad wrong mentally.

Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS

Re: Bummed

WaltS48-3
On 09/12/2016 11:33 AM, Delrio wrote:
> On 12-Sep-2016 11:29 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:
>
>> Been watching various view of Hillary having to be carried into a van.
>> Something is bad wrong with her, health-wise.
>>

> Yeah! She's allergic to Trump. :-)

That makes two of us. :-D

Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS

Re: Bummed

Ed Mullen-10
On 9/12/2016 at 11:50 AM, WaltS48's prodigious digits fired off:

> On 09/12/2016 11:29 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:
>> On 9/12/2016 10:26 AM, Sailfish wrote:
>>> My bloviated meandering follows what Ron Hunter graced us with on
>>> 9/11/2016 11:14 PM:

>>> I've noticed the same thing periodically happening on some sites I've
>>> visited. When I'm really interested, I try disabling ABP and reloading
>>> and the video works (re-enabling ABP afterward); however, I haven't done
>>> any type of exhausted testing to determine if the sites or just the
>>> videos are ABP-averse.
>>>
>> They seem to be playing now, but I have to click on the rotating
>> circle, and sometimes the pause, and start icons to get them to run. I
>> can live with that.
>> Been watching various view of Hillary having to be carried into a van.
>> Something is bad wrong with her, health-wise.
>>
> She has pneumonia, and was probably dehydrated. It was hot.

The high was 83, hardly very hot.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/

Re: Bummed

WaltS48-3
On 09/12/2016 12:59 PM, Ed Mullen wrote:

> On 9/12/2016 at 11:50 AM, WaltS48's prodigious digits fired off:

>>> They seem to be playing now, but I have to click on the rotating
>>> circle, and sometimes the pause, and start icons to get them to run. I
>>> can live with that.
>>> Been watching various view of Hillary having to be carried into a van.
>>> Something is bad wrong with her, health-wise.
>>>
>> She has pneumonia, and was probably dehydrated. It was hot.
>
> The high was 83, hardly very hot.

I've had my dizzy spells when it was cooler than that. Thanks for
snipping that part and not mentioning it was snipped.

Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS

Re: Bummed

Wolf K.
On 2016-09-12 12:59, Ed Mullen wrote:
> On 9/12/2016 at 11:50 AM, WaltS48's prodigious digits fired off:
>> On 09/12/2016 11:29 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:
[...].
>>> Been watching various view of Hillary having to be carried into a van.
>>> Something is bad wrong with her, health-wise.
>>>
>> She has pneumonia, and was probably dehydrated. It was hot.
>
> The high was 83, hardly very hot.

Depends on what you're used to, here that's very hot, especially when
the humidity exceeds 80%. You can dehydrate in moderate temps if you're
running even a slight fever.

Dehydration is not a minor irritant, it can cause collapse or worse. It
also affects cognition, many elderly don't drink enough and are
chronically dehydrated, which usually causes symptoms of dementia.

Have a good day,

--
Best,
Wolf K.

Re: Bummed

Ron Hunter
On 9/12/2016 11:59 AM, Ed Mullen wrote:

> On 9/12/2016 at 11:50 AM, WaltS48's prodigious digits fired off:

>>> They seem to be playing now, but I have to click on the rotating
>>> circle, and sometimes the pause, and start icons to get them to run. I
>>> can live with that.
>>> Been watching various view of Hillary having to be carried into a van.
>>> Something is bad wrong with her, health-wise.
>>>
>> She has pneumonia, and was probably dehydrated. It was hot.
>
> The high was 83, hardly very hot.

I recall reading a story by a British writer that complained about the
sweltering summer temps in August one year.  I checked the London temps
for that day, and it topped out at 83F.  That's a cool day in the fall,
or spring, in Texas!

Re: Bummed

Ron Hunter
On 9/12/2016 10:50 AM, WaltS48 wrote:

> On 09/12/2016 11:29 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:
>> On 9/12/2016 10:26 AM, Sailfish wrote:
>>> My bloviated meandering follows what Ron Hunter graced us with on
>>> 9/11/2016 11:14 PM:

>>> I've noticed the same thing periodically happening on some sites I've
>>> visited. When I'm really interested, I try disabling ABP and reloading
>>> and the video works (re-enabling ABP afterward); however, I haven't done
>>> any type of exhausted testing to determine if the sites or just the
>>> videos are ABP-averse.
>>>
>> They seem to be playing now, but I have to click on the rotating
>> circle, and sometimes the pause, and start icons to get them to run.
>> I can live with that.
>> Been watching various view of Hillary having to be carried into a van.
>> Something is bad wrong with her, health-wise.
>>
> She has pneumonia, and was probably dehydrated. It was hot.

You are telling a person from Texas that 83 degrees is HOT?  You gotta
be kidding.
I worked outside cutting up a tree that fell, and bagging it for trash
pickup.  Got sweaty, and tired, and a blister from working the chain
saw.  No dizziness, and I have afib, and I am 73 years old.  I drink
LOTS of liquids, and keep my electrolytes in balance.

> My cardiologist told me I was dehydrated when I was having light headed
> spells, and almost collapsing. I drink more water and haven't had a
> spell in years.
>
> That other major candidate does have something bad wrong mentally.

Re: Bummed

caver1-5
On 09/12/2016 08:12 PM, Ron Hunter wrote:

> On 9/12/2016 11:59 AM, Ed Mullen wrote:

>>> She has pneumonia, and was probably dehydrated. It was hot.
>>
>> The high was 83, hardly very hot.
>>

> I recall reading a story by a British writer that complained about the
> sweltering summer temps in August one year.  I checked the London temps
> for that day, and it topped out at 83F.  That's a cool day in the fall,
> or spring, in Texas!

If you look up the average summer temp for England you will
find out that it's 60. 83 is quite a bit warmer.

--
Caver1

Re: Bummed

The Real Bev
On 09/12/2016 09:59 AM, Ed Mullen wrote:

> On 9/12/2016 at 11:50 AM, WaltS48's prodigious digits fired off:

>>> They seem to be playing now, but I have to click on the rotating
>>> circle, and sometimes the pause, and start icons to get them to run. I
>>> can live with that.

There are a lot of videos that I have to crank up chrome to see (they
don't work in FF 45 or 48).  I feel dirty, but I do it anyway.

>>> Been watching various view of Hillary having to be carried into a van.
>>> Something is bad wrong with her, health-wise.
>>>
>> She has pneumonia, and was probably dehydrated. It was hot.
>
> The high was 83, hardly very hot.

After anaesthesia I threw up for 2 days and was so dehydrated I had to
go to the ER for an electrolyte top-up.  I didn't drive, but I walked
into the ER on my own steam while hubby parked the car. October, SoCal,
and I was only a year younger than she is.  I call foul.

What about CHF?  Too much diuretic?  Implanting a pacemaker is pretty
much an outpatient project now.  Pneumonia is pretty much par for the
course with CHF.

--
Cheers, Bev
    Bender: And so I ask you this one question: Have you ever tried simply