Building v31 on Windows and NSPR

Robin Ehrlich
The build instruction for Windows

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Projects/SpiderMonkey/Build_Documentation

state that "--enable-build-nspr" could be used. I get missing include files
and unresolved NSPR entry points when linking when this option is used.

Finally the instructions state that NSPR is in the MozillaBuild, but I don't
see either the include, lib, or DLLs.

What am I doing wrong or missing?

Re: Building v31 on Windows and NSPR

Steve Fink-4
On 05/13/2015 11:24 AM, Robin Ehrlich wrote:
> The build instruction for Windows
>
> https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Projects/SpiderMonkey/Build_Documentation
>

> state that "--enable-build-nspr" could be used. I get missing include
> files and unresolved NSPR entry points when linking when this option is
> used.

--enable-nspr-build

Assume you're using the right command, what are the errors?

> Finally the instructions state that NSPR is in the MozillaBuild, but I
> don't see either the include, lib, or DLLs.

I don't know. I would guess that at one point it was, since the
--enable-nspr-build option is relatively new.

Re: Building v31 on Windows and NSPR

VerGreeneyes
On Thursday, May 14, 2015 at 12:51:34 AM UTC+2, Steve Fink wrote:

> On 05/13/2015 11:24 AM, Robin Ehrlich wrote:
> > The build instruction for Windows
> >
> > https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Projects/SpiderMonkey/Build_Documentation
> >

> > state that "--enable-build-nspr" could be used. I get missing include
> > files and unresolved NSPR entry points when linking when this option is
> > used.
>
> --enable-nspr-build
>
> Assume you're using the right command, what are the errors?
>
> > Finally the instructions state that NSPR is in the MozillaBuild, but I
> > don't see either the include, lib, or DLLs.
>
> I don't know. I would guess that at one point it was, since the
> --enable-nspr-build option is relatively new.

It actually did say --enable-build-nspr in the build instructions (twice, in fact), so that may have been the problem. I just updated it to say the right thing.

Robin: Note that you can use ../configure --help to see all the possible options. This is much more likely to be up-to-date than the docs.

Re: Building v31 on Windows and NSPR

Robin Ehrlich
I ran configure as:

../configure --enable-trace-jscalls --enable-nspr-build

and get the following error:

c:\e drive\development tools\mozilla.org\mozjs-31.2.0\js\src\jslock.h(18) :
fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'prcvar.h': No such file or
directory
c:/edrive~1/Develo~1/mozilla.org/mozjs-31.2.0/config/rules.mk:1001: recipe
for target 'RegExp.obj' failed

If I run configure --help, the option --enable-nspr-build is not listed.

Robin

"Emanuel Hoogeveen"  wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...

On Thursday, May 14, 2015 at 12:51:34 AM UTC+2, Steve Fink wrote:

> On 05/13/2015 11:24 AM, Robin Ehrlich wrote:
> > The build instruction for Windows
> >
> > https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Projects/SpiderMonkey/Build_Documentation
> >

> > state that "--enable-build-nspr" could be used. I get missing include
> > files and unresolved NSPR entry points when linking when this option is
> > used.
>
> --enable-nspr-build
>
> Assume you're using the right command, what are the errors?
>
> > Finally the instructions state that NSPR is in the MozillaBuild, but I
> > don't see either the include, lib, or DLLs.
>
> I don't know. I would guess that at one point it was, since the
> --enable-nspr-build option is relatively new.

It actually did say --enable-build-nspr in the build instructions (twice, in
fact), so that may have been the problem. I just updated it to say the right
thing.

Robin: Note that you can use ../configure --help to see all the possible
options. This is much more likely to be up-to-date than the docs.

Re: Building v31 on Windows and NSPR

Terrence Cole-3
I just successfully built and tested a shell on Windows8 with that exact
command, so it must be something in the environment.

The DOS-style path compression of c:/edrive~1/Develo~1/ looks highly
suspicious to me. My build gave me warning messages with paths like
c:\Users\terrence\moz\branch\1\js\src\jit/JitcodeMap.h. I don't know enough
windows lore to know why you might be getting crazy substitutions and I'm
not. What happens if you build in a directory with no spaces and <8.3 names?

On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 5:58 AM, Robin Ehrlich <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I ran configure as:
>
> ../configure --enable-trace-jscalls --enable-nspr-build
>
> and get the following error:
>
> c:\e drive\development tools\mozilla.org\mozjs-31.2.0\js\src\jslock.h(18)
> : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'prcvar.h': No such file or
> directory
> c:/edrive~1/Develo~1/mozilla.org/mozjs-31.2.0/config/rules.mk:1001:
> recipe for target 'RegExp.obj' failed
>
> If I run configure --help, the option --enable-nspr-build is not listed.
>
> Robin
>
> "Emanuel Hoogeveen"  wrote in message news:6b824dd1-8629-4e6f-b7b0-
> [hidden email]...
>

> On Thursday, May 14, 2015 at 12:51:34 AM UTC+2, Steve Fink wrote:
>
>> On 05/13/2015 11:24 AM, Robin Ehrlich wrote:
>> > The build instruction for Windows
>> >

>> https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Projects/SpiderMonkey/Build_Documentation
>> >

>> > state that "--enable-build-nspr" could be used. I get missing include
>> > files and unresolved NSPR entry points when linking when this option is
>> > used.
>>
>> --enable-nspr-build
>>
>> Assume you're using the right command, what are the errors?
>>
>> > Finally the instructions state that NSPR is in the MozillaBuild, but I
>> > don't see either the include, lib, or DLLs.
>>
>> I don't know. I would guess that at one point it was, since the
>> --enable-nspr-build option is relatively new.
>>

> It actually did say --enable-build-nspr in the build instructions (twice,
> in fact), so that may have been the problem. I just updated it to say the
> right thing.
>
> Robin: Note that you can use ../configure --help to see all the possible
> options. This is much more likely to be up-to-date than the docs.

Re: Building v31 on Windows and NSPR

markus.moenig
I do get the exactly same error: Cannot open include file: 'prcvar.h'

Robin, did you figure out what the problem was ? I am stuck :(

Thanks

Markus