Building the latest NSS with VS 2013

John Jiang
Hi,
I need to build NSS with VS 2013 and MozillaBuild 2.2.0.

Just found the building failed on NSS 3.33 and 3.34.1, exactly many libs,
like nss3, ssl3, were missing.
But the building looked fine on NSS 3.32.1.
Does that mean the NSS versions later than 3.32.1 cannot be built with
VS2013?

Best regards,
John Jiang

RE: Building the latest NSS with VS 2013

Stutzman, David K CTR USARMY RDECOM CERDEC (US)
I posted recently about attempting to build JSS on Windows (which I'm still unable to do).  I am also unable to build the most recent versions of NSS on VS2013.  I was able to build them using VS2015.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mozilla.dev.tech.crypto/6c0_zNDS3JY

Good Luck!

Dave

Re: Building the latest NSS with VS 2013

John Jiang
Using VS 2015 and MozillaBuild 2.2.0, the building finished successfully.

In addition, I don't get proper reference for building NSS with VS 2017 and
the latest MozillaBuild (3.3.1).
By default, the last MozillaBuild cannot find VC++ and Windows Kits. It may
have to setup some environment variables.

Best regards,
John Jiang

> Hi,
> I need to build NSS with VS 2013 and MozillaBuild 2.2.0.
>
> Just found the building failed on NSS 3.33 and 3.34.1, exactly many libs,
> like nss3, ssl3, were missing.
> But the building looked fine on NSS 3.32.1.
> Does that mean the NSS versions later than 3.32.1 cannot be built with
> VS2013?
>
> Best regards,
> John Jiang

Re: Building the latest NSS with VS 2013

Franziskus Kiefer
Hi John,

using MozillaBuild 2.x with VS 2015 should work fine. That's the only
configuration at the moment that works for building NSS unfortunately.
We're working on new build instructions for Windows. But newer MozillaBuild
won't work and older VS version don't work either.

Cheers,
Franziskus