Building an XPCOM for Firefox 1.5 in Linux

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Building an XPCOM for Firefox 1.5 in Linux

crayne
I figured out how to do this -- with major help from "Andrea" on the
"http://www.iosart.com/firefox/xpcom/" site.  Here is what I did:

I downloaded and unzipped:


http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/1.5.0.1/source/

I unzipped the file into /root/FirefoxSrc.  It created a directory
"mozilla", with many subdirectories.

In the "mozilla" directory, I created a file, ".mozconfig" with one line
in it:

. /root/FirefoxSrc/mozilla/browser/config/mozconfig

I ran ./configure

I ran make -f client.mk

This compiled Firefox -- it took a while.

When the compilation was finished, the gecko sdk was in /mozilla/dist/sdk.
I compiled and linked my XPCOM with this gecko sdk, and the TypeError was
gone.
_______________________________________________
dev-tech-xpcom mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-xpcom
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Building an XPCOM for Firefox 1.5 in Linux

crayne
Slight correction:  TypeError was still there, but it seemed to have no
effect.   The XPCOM could still be run successfully, whereas before I
rebuilt the Gecko SDK, it couldn't.
_______________________________________________
dev-tech-xpcom mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-xpcom