Building a new profile for SMPMW118

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Building a new profile for SMPMW118

Christer Jacobsson
As Salaam Aleikum!

She looked into the Profile dir (the current one) and discovered a bunch
of files, namely the 78476856.s and 78476856.w, 90820967.s, cert8.db,
key3.db and secmod.db. As She durst not migrate the Profile to the new
one, "Brekke", what statements refers to these files in prefs.js? As
She's not skilled in switching between files in TEDIT.EXE so perhaps the
best way is to place these statements for the abovementioned files in an
user.js file and letting the other preferences go to the regular
prefs.js. So could you post the statements that refers to these files so
She can "install" them properly, please?


Cul8er alligator!
gaea - feminist & chunkawakan
--
/GAIA (Insulin User - 23th Anniversary :-)  Ex-wife deceased :-(
        Team OS/2      e-mail:  [hidden email] (Primary)
        Team eCs       e-mail:  [hidden email]   (Alternate)
        Team DRW       Dare Refuse Windows
        Chunkawakan    Lakota/Sioux: Horse
_______________________________________________
dev-ports-os2 mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-ports-os2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Building a new profile for SMPMW118

Peter Brown
Hi Christer

Christer Jacobsson wrote:

> As Salaam Aleikum!
>
> She looked into the Profile dir (the current one) and discovered a bunch
> of files, namely the 78476856.s and 78476856.w, 90820967.s, cert8.db,
> key3.db and secmod.db. As She durst not migrate the Profile to the new
> one, "Brekke", what statements refers to these files in prefs.js? As
> She's not skilled in switching between files in TEDIT.EXE so perhaps the
> best way is to place these statements for the abovementioned files in an
> user.js file and letting the other preferences go to the regular
> prefs.js. So could you post the statements that refers to these files so
> She can "install" them properly, please?
>
>
> Cul8er alligator!
> gaea - feminist & chunkawakan



Open prefs.js with e.exe and Search for whatever filenames you are
looking for.


Regards

Pete
_______________________________________________
dev-ports-os2 mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-ports-os2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Building a new profile for SMPMW118

Christer Jacobsson
Peter Brown wrote:
> Hi Christer
>

As Salaam Aleikum!

> Christer Jacobsson wrote:
>> As Salaam Aleikum!
>>
>> She looked into the Profile dir (the current one) and discovered a bunch
>> of files, namely the 78476856.s and 78476856.w, 90820967.s, cert8.db,
>> key3.db and secmod.db. As She durst not migrate the Profile to the new
>> one, "Brekke", what statements refers to these files in prefs.js? As
>> She's not skilled in switching between files in TEDIT.EXE so perhaps the
>> best way is to place these statements for the abovementioned files in an
>> user.js file and letting the other preferences go to the regular
>> prefs.js. So could you post the statements that refers to these files so
>> She can "install" them properly, please?
>>
>>
>> Cul8er alligator!
>> gaea - feminist & chunkawakan
>
>
>
> Open prefs.js with e.exe and Search for whatever filenames you are
> looking for.
>

Wonderful news! It's more easy searching in e.exe than in TEDIT.EXE AND
She could open an user.js (for the new profile) and just copy&paste the
relevant statement into this file. Then open it with TEDIT.EXE to check
that there is no cr-lf chars at the end of the statements, then save
eventual changes and exit. The rest of the profile data will go into the
regular prefs.js Then creating a mozila.org on the R: partitionm, open
the old pforile with -Profilemanager and open a windowed OS2 session and
invoke -Profilemanager and tick off the relevant settings in it. When
that's done, migrate the adress book and mail&newsgroups to the new
profile. Then use a small .cmd file to invocate SMPMW1118 beginning with
the 'setlocal' statement and then 'SET MOZILLA_HOME=R:\MOZILLA.ORG", the
rest will be "vanilla statements like the one in the seamonkeymail.cmd
which She uses to invoke the mailer.
>
> Regards


Cul8er alligator!
gaea - feminist & chunkawakan
--
/GAIA (Insulin User - 23th Anniversary :-)  Ex-wife deceased :-(
        Team OS/2      e-mail:  [hidden email] (Primary)
        Team eCs       e-mail:  [hidden email]   (Alternate)
        Team DRW       Dare Refuse Windows
        Chunkawakan    Lakota/Sioux: Horse
_______________________________________________
dev-ports-os2 mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-ports-os2