Building Thunderbird on Win32 - mozz.dll?

Building Thunderbird on Win32 - mozz.dll?

TJ-4
I've built Thunderbird 1.0.7 on Windows XP with no problem by "make -f client.mk
build". Then, I have built installer OK by "make -C objdir/mail/installer
installer".
I found ThunderbirdSetup.exe in objdir/dist/install, but when I try to install
Thunderbird using this ThunderbirdSetup.exe, I was told that mozz.dll was not
found and couldn't install Thunderbird.

Here is my .mozconfig
. $topsrcdir/mail/config/mozconfig
mk_add_options MOZ_OBJDIR=@TOPSRCDIR@/vc71-@CONFIG_GUESS@
ac_add_options --disable-debug
ac_add_options --enable-optimize

Please help. Thanks in advance.
TJ

Re: Building Thunderbird on Win32 - mozz.dll?

Benjamin Smedberg
TJ wrote:

> I've built Thunderbird 1.0.7 on Windows XP with no problem by "make -f
> client.mk
> build". Then, I have built installer OK by "make -C objdir/mail/installer
> installer".
> I found ThunderbirdSetup.exe in objdir/dist/install, but when I try to
> install
> Thunderbird using this ThunderbirdSetup.exe, I was told that mozz.dll
> was not found and couldn't install Thunderbird.
>
> Here is my .mozconfig
> .. $topsrcdir/mail/config/mozconfig
> mk_add_options MOZ_OBJDIR=@TOPSRCDIR@/vc71-@CONFIG_GUESS@
> ac_add_options --disable-debug
> ac_add_options --enable-optimize

Thunderbird/Firefox installers only work with static builds, so you must
--enable-static --disable-shared

--BDS

Re: Building Thunderbird on Win32 - mozz.dll?

TJ-4
Thank you very much for your help.
Since I'm getting other LINK errors when building deps for
nsStaticComponents.cpp, I can't say it worked yet, but I understand my problem.
Thanks,
TJ

Benjamin Smedberg wrote:

> TJ wrote:
>
>> I've built Thunderbird 1.0.7 on Windows XP with no problem by "make -f
>> client.mk
>> build". Then, I have built installer OK by "make -C objdir/mail/installer
>> installer".
>> I found ThunderbirdSetup.exe in objdir/dist/install, but when I try to
>> install
>> Thunderbird using this ThunderbirdSetup.exe, I was told that mozz.dll
>> was not found and couldn't install Thunderbird.
>>
>> Here is my .mozconfig
>> .. $topsrcdir/mail/config/mozconfig
>> mk_add_options MOZ_OBJDIR=@TOPSRCDIR@/vc71-@CONFIG_GUESS@
>> ac_add_options --disable-debug
>> ac_add_options --enable-optimize
>

> Thunderbird/Firefox installers only work with static builds, so you must
> --enable-static --disable-shared
>
> --BDS

Re: Building Thunderbird on Win32 - mozz.dll?

ykrylov
I had the same problem after compling with -enable-static.  Make sure
to distclean before you compile statically otherwise the compiler will
attempt to reuse obj files erroneously and fail to link them.