Building Firefox on XULrunner

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Building Firefox on XULrunner

jonsmirl@gmail.com
What are the magic mozconfig incantations to build Firefox on
XULrunner? I browsed around in the wiki and couldn't find them. I have
3GB of RAM so building libXUL shouldn't be an issue.

--
Jon Smirl
[hidden email]
_______________________________________________
dev-tech-xul mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-xul
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Building Firefox on XULrunner

Benjamin Smedberg
Jon Smirl wrote:
> What are the magic mozconfig incantations to build Firefox on
> XULrunner? I browsed around in the wiki and couldn't find them. I have
> 3GB of RAM so building libXUL shouldn't be an issue.
>

http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/darin/archives/009659.html if it's not
documented elsewhere. This is not likely to work on mac.

--BDS
_______________________________________________
dev-tech-xul mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-xul
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Building Firefox on XULrunner

jonsmirl@gmail.com
On 7/13/06, Benjamin Smedberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Jon Smirl wrote:
> > What are the magic mozconfig incantations to build Firefox on
> > XULrunner? I browsed around in the wiki and couldn't find them. I have
> > 3GB of RAM so building libXUL shouldn't be an issue.
> >
>
> http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/darin/archives/009659.html if it's not
> documented elsewhere. This is not likely to work on mac.

After reading the reference I searched for some of the build terms
using Google. Its appears that this is the only place this is
documented.

I have the build running.

>
> --BDS
> _______________________________________________
> dev-tech-xul mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-xul
>


--
Jon Smirl
[hidden email]
_______________________________________________
dev-tech-xul mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-xul
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Building Firefox on XULrunner

Benjamin Smedberg
In reply to this post by Benjamin Smedberg
Jon Smirl wrote:

> After reading the reference I searched for some of the build terms
> using Google. Its appears that this is the only place this is
> documented.

I found it by googling for "firefox xulrunner mozconfig". ;-)

--BDS
_______________________________________________
dev-tech-xul mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-xul
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Building Firefox on XULrunner

jonsmirl@gmail.com
On 7/13/06, Benjamin Smedberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Jon Smirl wrote:
>
> > After reading the reference I searched for some of the build terms
> > using Google. Its appears that this is the only place this is
> > documented.
>
> I found it by googling for "firefox xulrunner mozconfig". ;-)

I can find the Fried Fish page fine with Google now that I know what
to search for. I meant that I can't locate the same info somewhere
else like the Mozilla Wiki where I first looked.

--
Jon Smirl
[hidden email]
_______________________________________________
dev-tech-xul mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-xul
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Building Firefox on XULrunner

jonsmirl@gmail.com
I had to edit it to make it work.

ac_add_app_options browser --with-libxul-sdk=../xulrunner/dist --enable-libxul

became

ac_add_app_options browser --with-libxul-sdk=../xulrunner/dist
ac_add_app_options browser --enable-libxul

The spellchecker extension got compile errors, I'm building again with
without extensions enabled.

--
Jon Smirl
[hidden email]
_______________________________________________
dev-tech-xul mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-xul
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Building Firefox on XULrunner

jonsmirl@gmail.com
I'm not having any luck getting it to build. In the browser build
phase everything has undefined symbols. Manually linking to xpcom_core
fixes them.

--
Jon Smirl
[hidden email]
_______________________________________________
dev-tech-xul mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-xul
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Building Firefox on XULrunner

jonsmirl@gmail.com
On 7/14/06, Jon Smirl <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm not having any luck getting it to build. In the browser build
> phase everything has undefined symbols. Manually linking to xpcom_core
> fixes them.

I am building ok now. Whatever was broken has been fixed in CVS.

make -f client.mk install doesn't work for this config.

It uses mk_add_options MOZ_BUILD_PROJECTS="xulrunner browser" instead
of --enable-application.
.....
configure: error: --enable-application=APP is required.
*** Fix above errors and then restart with "make -f client.mk build"
make[1]: *** [configure] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/mozilla'
make: *** [/home/mozilla/Makefile] Error 2

--
Jon Smirl
[hidden email]
_______________________________________________
dev-tech-xul mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-xul