Building Fennec on GNU/Linux

Gerrit Helling
Hi,

first time writing to this mailing list for me, I hope his is the right
one. Is it still possible to
build Fennec on a GNU/Linux machine? (For me it would be the Pocket C.H.I.P
https://getchip.com/pages/pocketchip) I've found these instructions on
the Wiki
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Build/Fennec , but they haven't been
updated since 2011.
I've also found a blogpost from around the same time
https://blog.mozilla.org/nnethercote/2011/04/01/you-can-build-and-run-fennec-on-a-desktop-machine/
. But as was to be expected the instructions don't
work anymore. Has support for any non-Android platform been dropped from
Fennec?.

Regards

Gerrit Helling

Re: Building Fennec on GNU/Linux

Ted Mielczarek-2
On Thu, Nov 17, 2016, at 08:52 AM, Gerrit Helling wrote:

> Hi,
>
> first time writing to this mailing list for me, I hope his is the right
> one. Is it still possible to
> build Fennec on a GNU/Linux machine? (For me it would be the Pocket
> C.H.I.P
> https://getchip.com/pages/pocketchip) I've found these instructions on
> the Wiki
> https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Build/Fennec , but they haven't been
> updated since 2011.
> I've also found a blogpost from around the same time
> https://blog.mozilla.org/nnethercote/2011/04/01/you-can-build-and-run-fennec-on-a-desktop-machine/
> . But as was to be expected the instructions don't
> work anymore. Has support for any non-Android platform been dropped from
> Fennec?.

Yes, Fennec is currently an Android-only product. Previous versions of
Fennec had their UI written in XUL, but it was rewritten as a native
Android Java application.

-Ted