Build like official binary

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Build like official binary

steelneck
How to build Mozilla like the official binary builds.

I have asked this several times in other forums, but i
have not got any answer, so i try here also (just got
the advice in moz..support.moz.-suite to post in this NG).

I want to build Mozilla (the suite) like the official
binary builds that one can downlad from mozilla.org.
My goal is to have a mozilla installed in /usr just
like the distro-version but one that uses fonts in the
same way as the official binary version.

I want to do this on Slamd64 (i have tried on Slack too,
but no luck so far). If i just download a binary installer
and install mozilla in /usr/local, i get what i want regarding
the fonts = good ol helvetica for sans-serifs, no blurry
TTFs that hurts my eyes. But that is 32-bit. And of course,
having two Mozillas, one 64-bit with fonts i do not like, and
one 32-bit with fonts i like is also a cluttering of my system.
I want to build my own 64-bit installed in /usr that uses
fonts just like an official binary build does.

So, what do i need to change in the part of the buildscript:

BUILD_OFFICIAL=1 MOZILLA_OFFICIAL=1 \
CFLAGS=-fPIC \
./configure --prefix=/usr \
   --libdir=/usr/lib64 \
   --enable-optimize=-O2 \
   --disable-debug \
   --with-default-mozilla-five-home=/usr/lib64/mozilla-${VERSION} \
   --enable-strip-libs \
   --disable-tests \
   --disable-short-wchar \
   --enable-nspr-autoconf \
   --enable-calendar \
   --enable-extensions=default,irc \
   --enable-crypto \
   --disable-xprint \
   --without-system-nspr \
   --with-system-zlib \
   --enable-default-toolkit=gtk2 \
   --disable-freetype2 \
   --enable-xft

The above is from the distro-buildscript, and of course that
works, it build just fine, but it builds a version using
fonts in the way i do not like. I have tried with enabling/
disabling gtk2, gtk, freetype2, xft in many, many different
combinations, but i get obscene amounts of different errors
everytime i change anything on the three last rows.

It may be that something is missing in the system to build
like the official binaries from mozilla.org. But in order
to sort that out, i need to know how the buildscript should
be configured properly for what i want.

Any body here hwo knows?
_______________________________________________
dev-builds mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-builds
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Build like official binary

Nick Thomas (cf)
steelneck wrote:

> How to build Mozilla like the official binary builds.
>
> I have asked this several times in other forums, but i
> have not got any answer, so i try here also (just got
> the advice in moz..support.moz.-suite to post in this NG).
>
> I want to build Mozilla (the suite) like the official
> binary builds that one can downlad from mozilla.org.
> My goal is to have a mozilla installed in /usr just
> like the distro-version but one that uses fonts in the
> same way as the official binary version.
>
> I want to do this on Slamd64 (i have tried on Slack too,
> but no luck so far). If i just download a binary installer
> and install mozilla in /usr/local, i get what i want regarding
> the fonts = good ol helvetica for sans-serifs, no blurry
> TTFs that hurts my eyes. But that is 32-bit. And of course,
> having two Mozillas, one 64-bit with fonts i do not like, and
> one 32-bit with fonts i like is also a cluttering of my system.
> I want to build my own 64-bit installed in /usr that uses
> fonts just like an official binary build does.
>
> So, what do i need to change in the part of the buildscript:
>
> BUILD_OFFICIAL=1 MOZILLA_OFFICIAL=1 \
> CFLAGS=-fPIC \
> ./configure --prefix=/usr \
>   --libdir=/usr/lib64 \
>   --enable-optimize=-O2 \
>   --disable-debug \
>   --with-default-mozilla-five-home=/usr/lib64/mozilla-${VERSION} \
>   --enable-strip-libs \
>   --disable-tests \
>   --disable-short-wchar \
>   --enable-nspr-autoconf \
>   --enable-calendar \
>   --enable-extensions=default,irc \
>   --enable-crypto \
>   --disable-xprint \
>   --without-system-nspr \
>   --with-system-zlib \
>   --enable-default-toolkit=gtk2 \
>   --disable-freetype2 \
>   --enable-xft
>
> The above is from the distro-buildscript, and of course that
> works, it build just fine, but it builds a version using
> fonts in the way i do not like. I have tried with enabling/
> disabling gtk2, gtk, freetype2, xft in many, many different
> combinations, but i get obscene amounts of different errors
> everytime i change anything on the three last rows.
>
> It may be that something is missing in the system to build
> like the official binaries from mozilla.org. But in order
> to sort that out, i need to know how the buildscript should
> be configured properly for what i want.
>
> Any body here hwo knows?

You can put about:buildconfig into the location/address bar of the
official build to see what compiler and configure options were used.
_______________________________________________
dev-builds mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-builds
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Build like official binary

steelneck
Nick Thomas (cf) wrote:
>>
>> Any body here hwo knows?
>
>
> You can put about:buildconfig into the location/address bar of the
> official build to see what compiler and configure options were used.

OK, i have tried that, with a lot of errors as result.

Thanks anyway, i take your answer as a confirmation on that
about:buildconfig really showes up all configure arguments.

If it is right i have a startingpoint to work from, to
try to sort out whats missing in Slackware/Slamd64.
_______________________________________________
dev-builds mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-builds
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Build like official binary

Darren Blaber
steelneck wrote:

> Nick Thomas (cf) wrote:
>
>>>
>>> Any body here hwo knows?
>>
>>
>>
>> You can put about:buildconfig into the location/address bar of the
>> official build to see what compiler and configure options were used.
>
>
> OK, i have tried that, with a lot of errors as result.
>
> Thanks anyway, i take your answer as a confirmation on that
> about:buildconfig really showes up all configure arguments.
>
> If it is right i have a startingpoint to work from, to
> try to sort out whats missing in Slackware/Slamd64.
Can you post the errors? We might recognize some of them.
_______________________________________________
dev-builds mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-builds
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Build like official binary

steelneck
Darren wrote:
>>
>> Thanks anyway, i take your answer as a confirmation on that
>> about:buildconfig really showes up all configure arguments.
>>
>> If it is right i have a startingpoint to work from, to
>> try to sort out whats missing in Slackware/Slamd64.
>
> Can you post the errors? We might recognize some of them.

Sure, but i have to find some time for it first,
maybe tomorrow (doing "real" work in my old Slack,
experimenting in Slamd64 only when i find time for it).
_______________________________________________
dev-builds mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-builds
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Build like official binary

steelneck
In reply to this post by Darren Blaber
Darren wrote:
>>
>> Thanks anyway, i take your answer as a confirmation on that
>> about:buildconfig really showes up all configure arguments.
>>
>> If it is right i have a startingpoint to work from, to
>> try to sort out whats missing in Slackware/Slamd64.
>
> Can you post the errors? We might recognize some of them.

OK, here it comes.

I changed the working script:

http://ftp.slamd64.be/slamd64-current/source/xap/mozilla/mozilla.SlackBuild

To (only the changed part of it):

./configure --prefix=/usr \
   --libdir=/usr/lib64 \
   --enable-optimize=-O2 \
   --disable-debug \
   --with-default-mozilla-five-home=/usr/lib64/mozilla-${VERSION} \
   --enable-strip-libs \
   --disable-tests \
   --disable-short-wchar \
   --enable-nspr-autoconf \
   --disable-calendar \
   --enable-extensions=default,irc \
   --enable-crypto \
   --disable-xprint

BUILD_OFFICIAL=1 MOZILLA_OFFICIAL=1 make -j4 -s export &> /root/exrt.txt
BUILD_OFFICIAL=1 MOZILLA_OFFICIAL=1 make -j4 -s libs &> /root/libs.txt

It failed, and the crated file exrt.txt ended with:

../../build/unix/print-failed-commands.sh: line 21: 15612 Avbruten
(SIGABRT)      ( exec "$@" )

In the directory  /tmp/mozilla/xpcom/base
The following command failed to execute properly:
../../dist/bin/xpidl -m header -w -I. -I../../dist/idl -o
_xpidlgen/nsIConsoleListener nsIConsoleListener.idl
gmake[2]: *** [_xpidlgen/nsIConsoleListener.h] Fel 1
gmake[2]: *** Inväntar oavslutade jobb...
../../build/unix/print-failed-commands.sh: line 21: 15621 Avbruten
(SIGABRT)      ( exec "$@" )

In the directory  /tmp/mozilla/xpcom/base
The following command failed to execute properly:
../../dist/bin/xpidl -m header -w -I. -I../../dist/idl -o
_xpidlgen/nsIConsoleService nsIConsoleService.idl
gmake[2]: *** [_xpidlgen/nsIConsoleService.h] Fel 1
../../build/unix/print-failed-commands.sh: line 21: 15615 Avbruten
(SIGABRT)      ( exec "$@" )

In the directory  /tmp/mozilla/xpcom/base
The following command failed to execute properly:
../../dist/bin/xpidl -m header -w -I. -I../../dist/idl -o
_xpidlgen/nsIConsoleMessage nsIConsoleMessage.idl
gmake[2]: *** [_xpidlgen/nsIConsoleMessage.h] Fel 1
gmake[1]: *** [export] Fel 2
make: *** [export] Fel 2
_______________________________________________
dev-builds mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-builds
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Build like official binary

Benjamin Smedberg
steelneck wrote:

> Darren wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks anyway, i take your answer as a confirmation on that
>>> about:buildconfig really showes up all configure arguments.
>>>
>>> If it is right i have a startingpoint to work from, to
>>> try to sort out whats missing in Slackware/Slamd64.
>>
>> Can you post the errors? We might recognize some of them.
>
> OK, here it comes.
>
> I changed the working script:
>
> http://ftp.slamd64.be/slamd64-current/source/xap/mozilla/mozilla.SlackBuild
>
> To (only the changed part of it):
>
> ./configure --prefix=/usr \
>   --libdir=/usr/lib64 \
>   --enable-optimize=-O2 \
>   --disable-debug \
>   --with-default-mozilla-five-home=/usr/lib64/mozilla-${VERSION} \
>   --enable-strip-libs \
>   --disable-tests \
>   --disable-short-wchar \
>   --enable-nspr-autoconf \
>   --disable-calendar \
>   --enable-extensions=default,irc \
>   --enable-crypto \
>   --disable-xprint
>
> BUILD_OFFICIAL=1 MOZILLA_OFFICIAL=1 make -j4 -s export &> /root/exrt.txt
> BUILD_OFFICIAL=1 MOZILLA_OFFICIAL=1 make -j4 -s libs &> /root/libs.txt
>
> It failed, and the crated file exrt.txt ended with:
>
> ../../build/unix/print-failed-commands.sh: line 21: 15612 Avbruten
> (SIGABRT)      ( exec "$@" )
>
> In the directory  /tmp/mozilla/xpcom/base
> The following command failed to execute properly:
> ../../dist/bin/xpidl -m header -w -I. -I../../dist/idl -o
> _xpidlgen/nsIConsoleListener nsIConsoleListener.idl
> gmake[2]: *** [_xpidlgen/nsIConsoleListener.h] Fel 1
> gmake[2]: *** Inväntar oavslutade jobb...
> ../../build/unix/print-failed-commands.sh: line 21: 15621 Avbruten
> (SIGABRT)      ( exec "$@" )

You need to run the "xpidl" command directly and figure out why it's not
working/crashing: it seems likely to me that it's picking up the 32-bit
libIDL instead of the 64-bit version.

--BDS

_______________________________________________
dev-builds mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-builds
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Build like official binary

steelneck
Benjamin Smedberg wrote:
>
> You need to run the "xpidl" command directly and figure out why it's not
> working/crashing: it seems likely to me that it's picking up the 32-bit
> libIDL instead of the 64-bit version.
>

There is only one libIDL version installed, and that is 64-bit
installed in /usr with /usr/lib as libdir.

http://ftp.slamd64.be/slamd64-current/source/l/libidl/libidl.SlackBuild

But i will try to run xpidl to see what it says
_______________________________________________
dev-builds mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-builds
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Build like official binary

steelneck
steelneck wrote:
> Benjamin Smedberg wrote:
>
>>
>> You need to run the "xpidl" command directly and figure out why it's
>> not working/crashing

Here comes the error:

# ../../dist/bin/xpidl -m header -w -I. -I../../dist/idl -o
_xpidlgen/nsIConsoleListener nsIConsoleListener.idl
*** glibc detected *** malloc(): memory corruption (fast):
0x000000000051e7a0 ***
Avbruten (SIGABRT)

This leaves me clueless.
_______________________________________________
dev-builds mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-builds