Bugzilla in IIS 6 (Win2K3)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bugzilla in IIS 6 (Win2K3)

Brian D. McGrew
Good morning,

I'm trying to install bugzilla under IIS6.  checksetup.pl says everything is
good.  MySQL is installed and configured, I can connect to it from the web
server, everything seems alright.  However when I point my browser to
localhost/bugzilla I get a 404 page not found.  I did set the default
document to index.cgi and I know I can execute perl scripts from this site.

Any ideas?

-brian


_______________________________________________
mozilla-webtools mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-webtools
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Bugzilla in IIS 6 (Win2K3)

Mozilla newsgroup
hey brian,

have you tried 'http://your_localhost_computer_name/', like  
http://samwise_gamgee/?  This works for me (Apache server, but that  
shouldn't matter...).

hope this helps...

robert


On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 11:13:42 -0400, Brian D. McGrew  
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Good morning.org
>
> I'm trying to install bugzilla under IIS6.  checksetup.pl says  
> everything is
> good.  MySQL is installed and configured, I can connect to it from the  
> web
> server, everything seems alright.  However when I point my browser to
> localhost/bugzilla I get a 404 page not found.  I did set the default
> document to index.cgi and I know I can execute perl scripts from this  
> site.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> -brian
_______________________________________________
mozilla-webtools mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-webtools
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Bugzilla in IIS 6 (Win2K3)

Jake-9
I was able to get this working after doing 2 things.
1. Give IUSR_Machinename write permissions to the /data directory
2. Remove the "T" from the end of every CGI file in the bugzilla directory.

Also, I use perlis.dll in the .cgi scriptmap, and I do not have CGI listed
in the MimeTypes.

If you want to ask me any questions about this or IIS6, you can find me at
http://www.iis-resources.com

Jake


"Mozilla newsgroup" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:op.sr51qq1m6imskj@robert...
hey brian,

have you tried 'http://your_localhost_computer_name/', like
http://samwise_gamgee/?  This works for me (Apache server, but that
shouldn't matter...).

hope this helps...

robert


On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 11:13:42 -0400, Brian D. McGrew
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Good morning.org
>
> I'm trying to install bugzilla under IIS6.  checksetup.pl says  everything
> is
> good.  MySQL is installed and configured, I can connect to it from the
> web
> server, everything seems alright.  However when I point my browser to
> localhost/bugzilla I get a 404 page not found.  I did set the default
> document to index.cgi and I know I can execute perl scripts from this
> site.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> -brian


_______________________________________________
mozilla-webtools mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-webtools
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Bugzilla in IIS 6 (Win2K3)

Max Kanat-Alexander
On Thu, 2005-06-16 at 00:46 -0400, Jake wrote:
> 2. Remove the "T" from the end of every CGI file in the bugzilla directory.

        That should never be necessary; it makes Bugzilla considerably less
secure.

        There should always be some solution that doesn't require that.

        If Bugzilla is getting tainted data when it shouldn't, that's a bug.

        -Max
--
http://www.everythingsolved.com/
Everything Solved: Experts at Bugzilla... and everything else, too.

_______________________________________________
mozilla-webtools mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-webtools
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Bugzilla in IIS 6 (Win2K3)

byron jones
In reply to this post by Brian D. McGrew
> > 2. Remove the "T" from the end of every CGI file in the bugzilla
> > directory.
>
> That should never be necessary; it makes Bugzilla considerably less
> secure.
>
> There should always be some solution that doesn't require that.
>
> If Bugzilla is getting tainted data when it shouldn't, that's a bug.

i agree -- removing the -T isn't a good idea.

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=297568#c6

ok, what's happening is IIS6 disables CGI by default, and when you try to hit
a
disabled service extension it returns 404.

in the iis management console, go to the 'web service extension' section and
allow 'all unknown cgi extensions'.

ideally you should be able to add your own web service extension for just cgi,
however it looks like a bug in the msc is blocking this from working.  you
need
to add a filename that matches the mappping exactly.. ie
  c:\perl\bin\perl.exe -xc:\bugzilla -wT "%s" %s
however the msc complains that this isn't a valid filename.

explaining a few things:

when you install activestate perl, it adds a service extension for
  c:\perl\bin\perl.exe "%s" %s
which is why when you use this one you're not getting blocked / 404'ed

however bugzilla uses taint mode, which on windows must be specified on the
command line, so the default mapping won't work.


we need to add the following to our install docs:

If you are running IIS6 you need to allow access to all unknown CGI extensions
via the Web Service Extensions sections of the IIS Management Console.  If
access for CGIs hasn't been enabled, IIS6 will return 404 errors.



begin-base64 644 signature.gif
R0lGODlhbQAHAIAAAABPo////ywAAAAAbQAHAAACfAxuGAnch+Bibkn7FL1p
XgVl4Ig1jjlZRoqybgun2Cur5uOunq7u/Ipq7WIyIc7XG9JquEgumPzdlhTf
h0O83kDJaXEm8mRHwXKJy5sac7qYOpT+gtv0n+0ujQOfdqh16caWt0foBViH
N1PRMXimiLUGt3ElVimlgbllWAAAOw==
====

_______________________________________________
mozilla-webtools mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-webtools