Bugzila: not able to send email

Shivaji.Manwadkar
Dear Team,

We are unable to send email through bugzila.

Please help

Regards,
Shivaji M

RE: Bugzila: not able to send email

Carruth, Rusty
In the excellent information the Thorsten sent, please carefully note the diagnostic and research sections.

Specifically, with respect to email, you need to supply information about how your email is transported at your site (e.g. Microsoft server? Linux server?  (and a bit of version info), what the email configuration of the machine that Bugzilla runs on (who is its smarthost, etc), what you've done to verify that Bugzilla host can even reach the email server network-wise (assuming your Bugzilla host uses an internal smarthost and doesn't try to send email directly - this information is part of the site configuration above)  (that is, can bugzilla host ping mailhost), how you've verified that a correct email from the Bugzilla host is accepted by the mailhost (this implies use of 'telnet mailhost 25' - you will need to research how to do this if you don’t know already).

By the way, doing the above may actually solve your problem.  Indeed, I'd say it is very likely to help you identify where the problem is, rather than just 'mail won't go'.  We've had a problem here where email from a Linux host (which ends up going through Microsoft mail) would fail because a stupid re-writing rule on the Windows Mail host was completely messed up.  I used the above to prove that.  (Do not forget to put a reply-to address in your smtp (telnet to 25) stuff!!!!!)

Finally, let me suggest you do an internet search for ' debugging email issues linux' before you finish your new, precise query about email issues, as I've only scratched the surface here, and as Thorsten implied, anyone with an any issue should do research relating to their issue before coming to the mailing list, if for no other reason that people here will be able to be of help because of having enough information.  (with the added benefit that said person just might solve the issue yourself, and at the very least they will know a lot more about whatever issue it is they are having.)

There, I've probably said too much...

Rusty Carruth | Customer Support | [hidden email] | http://www.smarth.com

RE: Bugzila: not able to send email

Berk Celebisoy
Thorsten,

You have been very helpful. Thanks you so much for getting back to me!

Berk  : )

<support-bugzilla-bounces+berkc=[hidden email]> On Behalf Of
Thorsten Schöning
Sent: Monday, June 4, 2018 7:29 AM
To: [hidden email]

--
Thorsten Schöning       E-Mail: [hidden email]
AM-SoFT IT-Systeme      http://www.AM-SoFT.de/

Telefon...........05151-  9468- 55
Fax...............05151-  9468- 88
Mobil..............0178-8 9468- 04

AM-SoFT GmbH IT-Systeme, Brandenburger Str. 7c, 31789 Hameln AG Hannover HRB
207 694 - Geschäftsführer: Andreas Muchow