Broken Addon with TB60b2

musiquegraeme
My addon (singledomain) worked with TB60b1 and now is broken - what is more frustrating is that there is no mention in the error console what went wrong... It looks as though everything is working but it doesn't. Is it possible that the use of option.xul for the options that worked for TB60b1 is now not working?

Re: Broken Addon with TB60b2

Mark Banner-4
On 10/04/2018 09:21, [hidden email] wrote:
> My addon (singledomain) worked with TB60b1 and now is broken - what is more frustrating is that there is no mention in the error console what went wrong... It looks as though everything is working but it doesn't. Is it possible that the use of option.xul for the options that worked for TB60b1 is now not working?
There's quite a lot of information here for what has changed recently
for add-ons:

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird/Add-ons_Guide_57

One thing is how options can be implemented has changed.

Mark.

Re: Broken Addon with TB60b2

musiquegraeme
On Tuesday, April 10, 2018 at 10:28:58 AM UTC+2, Mark Banner wrote:

> On 10/04/2018 09:21, Graeme wrote:
> > My addon (singledomain) worked with TB60b1 and now is broken - what is more frustrating is that there is no mention in the error console what went wrong... It looks as though everything is working but it doesn't. Is it possible that the use of option.xul for the options that worked for TB60b1 is now not working?
> There's quite a lot of information here for what has changed recently
> for add-ons:
>
> https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird/Add-ons_Guide_57
>
> One thing is how options can be implemented has changed.
>
> Mark.

I looked at that... and there doesn't seem to be new things this morning and it broke just after I updated to 60b TWO. I had to change things to show the options for TB60b1 and now when I click the option button under Addons on the main screen TB freezes.. and shows NO error messages in the error console.. Maybe I need to figure out something to add to BugsZilla?
Graeme

Re: Broken Addon with TB60b2

musiquegraeme
I just noticed one thing from the error console

1523362285920 addons.xpi INFO SystemAddonInstallLocation directory is missing

Could this be the problem that needs to be a warning ...
Graeme

Re: Broken Addon with TB60b2

Jörg Knobloch
On 10/04/2018 10:38, [hidden email] wrote:
> I had to change things to show the options for TB60b1 and now when I click the option button under Addons on the main screen TB freezes.

I tried "Single Domain" 1.9 in TB 60 beta 2 and TB 61 Daily on Windows
and the option dialogue works, well, at least I believe so. There is a
box to fill in a Domain, the OK and Cancel buttons.

We had problems with "Add-on Options", in TB 60 beta 1 on Mac, so we
included a fix in TB 60 beta 2 which we tested of course before shipping
it, in fact using your add-on since it's one of the few bootstrapped
add-ons with options. TB should certainly not freeze, that would be a bug.

Jörg.

P.S.: Richard did the testing on Mac for us, so he will take another
look soon.

Re: Broken Addon with TB60b2

musiquegraeme
Thanks for that ... I found the problem.:)
Blessings
Graeme

Re: Broken Addon with TB60b2

gNeandr-12
On 10.04.18 17:06, [hidden email] wrote:
> Thanks for that ... I found the problem.:)
> Blessings
> Graeme

Maybe it would be helpful for others to understand what "I found the
problem" means. Would it be possible get get some words to support
others as well?
Thanks

Address Book gone after upgrade to thunderbird-60.0b5.tar.bz2

Tito-12

Hello I am curious if someone has seen the following problem
I have upgraded TB on the Apr 28 from

thunderbird-52.6.0.tar.bz2
thunderbird-60.0b5.tar.bz2

I have noticed that the whole personal address book is gone. I am
positive that i have not intentionally deleted the address book myself.

It is my luck that I have a backup copy of it but anyway i wanted to

I have tired to replicated this i.e. downgraded to
thunderbird-52.6.0.tar.bz2 and then loaded the ldif file and then
upgraded to thunderbird-60.0b5.tar.bz2 again. But i was not able to
replicate so far.

also in my profile i have seen that i have several files with the Morc
structure i.e.

-rwxrwxr-x  1 tito tito       3762 Feb 15 10:27 abook-1.mab

-rwxrwxr-x  1 tito tito      13490 Apr 30 15:30 abook-2.mab

-rwxrwxr-x  1 tito tito    1065097 Apr 30 15:30 abook-3.mab

-rwxrwxr-x  1 tito tito       6975 Dez 20 11:53 abook-4.mab

-rwxrwxr-x  1 tito tito      15519 Mär 29 14:55 abook-5.mab

-rw-rw-r--  1 tito tito       1556 Dez 20 11:53 abook-6.mab

-rw-rw-r--  1 tito tito       1556 Dez 20 11:53 abook-7.mab

-rw-rw-r--  1 tito tito       1556 Dez 20 12:02 abook-8.mab

-rwxrwxr-x  1 tito tito     123798 Apr 30 22:08 abook.mab

when looking into the file abook-3.mab i see all my contacts there which
were missing. But the time stamp of those is neither 28 of April nor of
today. Which basically tells me that this has to happen in between.

Never the less I have a question if i filter my profile by time i.e.

ls -lat

the i see in my profile a file with a name

global-messages-db.sqlite

if i open this file with a sqlitebrowser then i see in the table called
"contacts" all the contacts that i have just imported.
Now the question is which one is effectively active in TB from-60.0b5
and upwards  Morc or sqlite.

Does that mean that morc be now be finally deprecated and deleted? If so
is there any channel i can subscribe to in order to get notified in the
future for such changes.

regards,

Tito

Re: Broken Addon with TB60b2

musiquegraeme
On Tuesday, April 10, 2018 at 10:12:09 PM UTC+1, gNeandr wrote:
> On 10.04.18 17:06, Graeme wrote:
> > Thanks for that ... I found the problem.:)
> > Blessings
> > Graeme
> >
> Maybe it would be helpful for others to understand what "I found the
> problem" means. Would it be possible get get some words to support
> others as well?
> Thanks

It's a while back but I think that I meant that I realised that I was trying to run an addon that was different from the one in AMO and that if I went back to the one in AMO all the problems vanished... I think I tried up dating - then tried to change it back and obviously hadn't done it right...
Blessings