Branch Approvals for SeaMonkey

Robert Kaiser
 From now on, approvals for SeaMonkey-only code on branch are handed out
by SeaMonkey Council instead of mozilla.org drivers.

In some talk this week with Christian Biesinger, one of our SeaMonkey
Council members, drivers have agreed that control over code that we are
sure to be SeaMonkey-only should be in the hands of SeaMonkey Council.

Following that, we now have a Bugzilla flag on attachments that's called
"approval-seamonkey1.0", which should be requested for such code and
which will be granted by the rules in
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/review-and-flags.html#approval

Additionally, we aim to close for Beta checkins on the branch around
Wednesday next week (Dec 14th, not completely set in stone yet) so that
Beta can still be released before Chistmas. SeaMonkey 1.0 Beta will also
be the feature freeze and L10n freeze for SeaMonkey 1.0 - new features
can later be introduced into SeaMonkey 1.1, which will also be done from
branch, while more agressive changes should happen on the trunk.

As we expect to need 2-4 weeks for Beta feedback, we aim for a 1.0
release in January.

Robert Kaiser
SeaMonkey Council member

Re: Branch Approvals for SeaMonkey

Johannes Kastl
On 12/09/2005 12:48 PM Robert Kaiser wrote:

> As we expect to need 2-4 weeks for Beta feedback, we aim for a 1.0
> release in January.

That's what I call good news. Thanks you all for your work.

OJ
--
A bunch of security trolls had been hired to guard her. They paced the
corridor in a menacing group, talking in grunts and comparing the size

Re: Branch Approvals for SeaMonkey

Mr. Uh Clem
Robert Kaiser wrote:

> As we expect to need 2-4 weeks for Beta feedback, we aim for a 1.0
> release in January.
>
> Robert Kaiser
> SeaMonkey Council member

Hi Robert,

When can we expect to see the beta?

--
Clem
"If you push something hard enough, it will fall over."

Mr. Uh Clem schrieb:
> When can we expect to see the beta?

Read my message closely, esp. the part that says "... so that Beta can

Robert Kaiser wrote:

> Mr. Uh Clem schrieb:
>
>> When can we expect to see the beta?
>

> Read my message closely, esp. the part that says "... so that Beta can
> still be released before Chistmas." ;-)
>
> Robert Kaiser

Arrrgh!   (Needs eyes checked...)

Well, that will be a fine Christmas present indeed!