Bookmarks not working

Keith Gregory
Mozilla 1.7.12
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.7.12)
Gecko/20050915

Mini Mac 1.42
Mac OS X 10.4.4

After an update of OS X the other day some of the add ons stopped
working ie: Realplayer and Macromedia flash player

I reinstalled Realplayer, still not working so I saved the bookmarks
to a desktop html file, trashed the old mozilla, cleared the trash and
reinstalled.

Now the players are working correctly, it found the bookmarks from the
them nothing happens (including ones added today to test with)

if I go Bookmarks>Manage Bookmarks and put up the whole listing and
click on one of them, they work.

Advice please

kfg