Bonsai - handleCheckinMail.pl?

mario-2
Dear Friends,

I've just posted a message trying to solve the problem of the CVS Recent
Checkins not beend displayed and now I'm thinking this might have
something to do with dolog. The thing is that my alias is not working
fine. I change it as the README, bonsai-checkin-daemon: "|
/home/httpd/bonsai/handleCheckinMail.pl /home/httpd/bonsai" those are my
directories.

Using Exim as MTA the mail.log return-me:

2005-07-13 11:08:01 1DshrB-0006PH-00 Neither the system_aliases director
nor the address_pipe transport set a uid for local delivery of | /home
/httpd/bonsai/handleCheckinMail.pl /home/httpd/bonsai

This is a Debian Dist and i'm not using smrsh.

Well, looking forward any help.

Tanx a  lot

Mario Caseiro

RE: Bonsai - handleCheckinMail.pl?

Fauzi Ashurex
Mario,
I had the same problem and I have fixed it by doing the following:

- create a link in /etc/smrsh to your path for "handleCheckinMail.pl"
        # My Bonsai HOME is /usr/local/bonsai
        % su -
        % cd /etc/smrsh
        % ln -s /usr/local/bonsai/handleCheckinMail.pl .

- In /etc/aliases add bonsai alias as follow:

        bonsai: "|/etc/smrsh/handleCheckinMail.pl /usr/local/bonsai"

- Add dolog.pl to your CVSROOT and checkoutlist

- In CVSROOT/loginfo add the line:
        # /CVS is the path to my CVS Repository

        DEFAULT $CVSROOT/CVSROOT/dolog.pl -r /CVS bonsai

This should take care of the problem!
Good Luck
-Fauzi

customer-facing UI ?

bmilbratz@outstart.com
RE: Bonsai - handleCheckinMail.pl?

Hi,

We're looking at using Bugzilla for defects/case/bugs originating from within and outside of the company.

The issue is that we would like a "dumbed down" user interface for the "customers" and the "smart" user interface for our QA folks and engineers.

This seems like it's do-able with the custom templates. So far I've only tweaked the "guided" bug creation.  I know from java/jsp that it's a bit of work to put something like this is in place?

Has anyone bifurcated the UI into a "simple" and "complex" one?  Are there standard templates out there for this purpose?  Was it pretty straightforward?

thanks,

billl m

Re: customer-facing UI ?

Michael Stoffel
RE: Bonsai - handleCheckinMail.pl?We use the guided template for our
external users and the normal template for "advanced" users.  We modified
the menu so the New item went to the guided template and added another item
for the "advanced" form.  So far, no problems.

Mike

"Bill Milbratz" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
[...]

As a follow on question:
1) when customers update bugs, do the use the 'normal' update page (i.e. so they can update status, assigned to, etc.) If so,
has this caused any problems --either confusion at the multitude of choices, or people changing things they shouldn't.

2) Do you use the security feature that prevents Customer A from seeing Customer B's bugs?

thanks,

bill

Re: customer-facing UI ?

Michael Stoffel
1)  They use the normal update page.  The guided template was used in order
to get them to have better defined bugs.  They don't have any problem
understanding the update page since they essentially just add comments.  We
do limit the number of client users we allow on the system so they do a
certain level of troubleshooting themselves.  These key users were given a
short overview on how to use the system.

2) Somewhat.  We have a product per customer and a "core" product.  All
users can see the core product and associated bugs while the "customer"
products are secured.  The way our product is arranged is we have a main
applicaiton with additional components which are unique to the individual
customers